Anakin on the Eco-challenge

Don't know if this has been discussed, but I follow the Eco-challenge (a really long adventure race for those that do not follow) and on one of this years teams (Team Kodak) is none other than Hayden (Anakin Skywalker) Christensen. He is teamed up with his brother, sister, and a friend to compete. Check it out on the USA network at 10:00 pm.

It's on tonight ?

POSSIBLE SPOILER

That's cool . . .

I heard awhile back that they had to drop out because someone got injured, I'm thinking it was their friend who got hurt? I could be mistaken . . .

The race was actually run last fall, they are showing footage all this week on USA. Tonight, Tommorrow, and 2 hour finale on Thursday.

Yeah, I just looked it up on the Dishnetwork channel guide.

I now recall hearing about it last year and how it would be aired in May - but I completely forgot.

I see that it began airing last night, I wish I hadn't missed it !
    No matter, I'll catch the rest of the series, thanks a lot for the heads up robman ! ! ! :happy:

Been watching it,I think they would be further up if they had brought along a professional navigator.

Anyways,I'll be curious to see if one gets hurt or of they are taken out because they are so far behind.
    Treat your stepmother with respect Pantera, or you'll be sleeping in the streets!!

i always cringe when i hear about actors who i want to do well taking part in things like these shows. i would much rather hear about hayden's new role in a good film than seeing him on some reality show/obstacle course type show.

i think the guy has potential to be a good actor, but he seems to be laying low.

Yeah uh . . . did I say they dropped out due to injury? I meant they dropped out due to an inevitable DQ.

derek, I agree that we need to see Hayden in (many) more films but this seemed like a neat thing to do. From tonight's episode, we learned that it was his sister's idea to do it, she thought it could be a cool experience to have with her brothers. I think it's admirable of them to attempt it, because I think that obstacle course is CRAAAAAAAAAZY !

How funny was it when that EXPERIENCED eco-challenger was begging the Christensens for help, saying "there's no prize for being second last instead of last" ?

Wow, some of the other teams were really roughed up . . . the guy who was vomiting and crapping all over himself and his kayak, well that was disturbing. A few others caught that bug too, and I am in awe that they could go on !

I would not really call this a reality show, but more a sports event. Reality shows are usually setup and well mapped out. This is more like a mad dash to get from point a to point z ensuring that you hit all the points in between. Team Kodak did well considering this was their first race and were very inexperienced. I have been watching these races for about 10 years and know that an experienced navigator can really make or break a team.

Originally posted by Caesar
    How funny was it when that EXPERIENCED eco-challenger was begging the Christensens for help, saying "there's no prize for being second last instead of last" ?
    I found it funny as well,I believe it was Team OxiClean.They came in last in the other race,think they would have trained just a bit.

Wow, some of the other teams were really roughed up . . . the guy who was vomiting and crapping all over himself and his kayak, well that was disturbing. A few others caught that bug too, and I am in awe that they could go on !
    Yes,the team should have..I dont know..threw him in the water to deal with it.Better than having it collect in a kayak
    Treat your stepmother with respect Pantera, or you'll be sleeping in the streets!!