Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Cool American Chopper

I've been watching the show on the Discovery Channel.Its pretty cool,and I enjoy watching the theme bikes being built and such.However,they have some real..issues.I can't see how anything gets done when they fight so muchLast nights episode had some awesome wheels with that Firefighter bike though.
    Treat your stepmother with respect Pantera, or you'll be sleeping in the streets!!

So is this like Monster Garage with bikes? Sounds a lot like Monster Garage.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

I'm hooked on American Chopper. I'm not a fan of motercycles but I'm always intrigued by watching craftsmen work. Yeah, there seems to be a lot fighting between the father and the main son but I have this feeling that its edited to seem that its going on non-stop. If it was, like you said InsaneJediGirl, they wouldn't be getting anything done but obviously the do.

The firefighter bike is starting to look really cool, especially the front wheel. The other big bike the built, the Spider Web bike, was just amazing with the chrome web raised across the gas tank. Just awesome work!

JBF, American Chopper is different from Monster Garage in that they don't have tasks assigned. Its a series similar to 2 episode show of Jesse James building bikes for future bike rallies/shows. AC follows a father/son (and 2 other sons that are incredible slackers) as they run their custom bike shop.

Monster Garage is another show that I've become hooked on as well. Did anyone see the episode where the team failed and Jesse took the car out to the desert and shot it with the mini-gun? That was freakin' awesome! 3000 rounds per minutes pummeling the car? That would have been so much fun!!!!!
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

Originally posted by Exhaust Port
    Monster Garage is another show that I've become hooked on as well. Did anyone see the episode where the team failed and Jesse took the car out to the desert and shot it with the mini-gun? That was freakin' awesome! 3000 rounds per minutes pummeling the car? That would have been so much fun!!!!!
    Didn't see that one,although I did see one time when they failed,the car was sent through a masher or recycler of some sort.

Exhaust Port,your right about the other two sons being slackers.One couldn't even box a frame to be sent outNext weeks episode looks to be interesting,since they head down to Daytona(Rains about every bike week)

What is the show called with Jesse James and West Coast Choppers?I've watched it,just never caught the title.
    Treat your stepmother with respect Pantera, or you'll be sleeping in the streets!!

I never caught the title of the show either. Good show though.

the specials with jesse and his bikes were motorcycle mania and motorcycle mania 2. those shows were great. due to all the bickering done back and forth i just can't get into AC. monster garage is something that i can watch if i happen to catch it, although with as often as it gets re-run i don't make a point to watch.

American Chopper is interesting, but I'm not in love with OCC's style of motorcycle - everything they spit out is the same over-the-top mega-fork chopper.

I thought that was totally bratty of Jesse James, almost none of the vehicles they've done have honestly beaten the real versions, they just do that hokey fake thing at the end to give it a sense of finality and success. That Sand buggy they built and shot up did no worse than the VW Bug hydroskimmer, yet that one was considered a success and this wasn't.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I'll admit that the final battle between the real equipment and the MG equipement is a total sham. The Nascar street sweeper was by far the worse. But, even with that being the case, it's still impressive that they were able to get a VW bug to float and have completely inclosed populsion. Very impressive in my opinion.

I still think that is the best one so far that Monter Garage has done so far.

Originally posted by InsaneJediGirl
    What is the show called with Jesse James and West Coast Choppers?I've watched it,just never caught the title.
    Jesse James Was only in "motorcycle mania 2"."Motorcycle mania" Was about anther chopper builder, And the dude does a bike to remember his Little girl Autumn that died in a car crash a week before it had aired on T.V.
    Signature Disabled

MG, AC, and the show with Jesse James are all great shows. The only thing I hate about any of them is the 'competitions' at the end of MG.Most of the time, I don't even bother watching those, as they are so stupid.

I think the fighting between the father and his son is hilarious...
    http://bash.org/?75154