Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

R2-D2: Bartender & Bubo on tap for 2004!?

Adam from Galactic Hunter mentioned in the forums over there that, that Bar-2-D2 was planned for next year. This would definatly fit the info that there would be a strong focus on "Jabba's Palace" and ROTJ next year. I for one am excited that this often requested figure might actually finally get made next year. He also said that Bubo was also on the way for next year. With the strong focus on Jabba's Palace, perhaps we'll even get Yarna. We can hope.
    Bubo is still coming, although I have no idea how he'll be packaged. A lot of the figures mentioned earlier in the year (Gamorrean Guard, for example) seem to be rehashes, and I'm not sure if the Bib Fortuna mentioned last year will be new or rehashed in some way.

Bar-2-D2 is also supposed to be on tap for late '03/early '04. They'd never give you an accessory when they can sell you a whole figure.

There's a rumored Jabba's Palace Aliens four-pack (like the TRU sets) coming, too, so that could be where Bubo and Bib show up. I just hope they'll throw in a rehashed Ishi Tib and some useful stuff like extra Ree Yees.

If anyone at Hasbro is reading (and I know you do), please release two four-packs of Rebo Band members with Rappertunie and Umpass Stay. We'd all appreciate it.

Cheers,
    -A
    MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

That would be awesome! We have waited for Bubo for a long time. I really want this figure. If we get a new jabba, it would only make sense to throw in bubo. He is too small to be a figure of his own. They could make him larger than what we are all thinking. I'm not so sure that would work well. I want to get him, fish bowl, and those things in the fish bowl with jabba. Bartender R2D2 seems cool. I hope he comes with drinking glasses.
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

Not sure if he'll be packed in with the new Jabba that has been confirmed for next year, but it's always possible. Hasbro did say that the new Jabba set will make it worth the long wait that it's been for it. I'm hoping for the entire section of his dias including the jawa with the fan and all the stuff in the alcove behind him.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Cool, I always wanted a Bartender R2. I remember about 4-5 years ago they made a custom one in Toy Fair Magazine- It looked good too, they called it Absolute Artoo!!!!
    But I was going to Tosche Station to pick up some Star Wars figures!!!

Is the new jabba supposed to have "flesh-like" skin similar to the Rancor? I hope so. The hard plastic just does not get the job done. Its horrible! They had better take their time and give us that one jabba we've longed for.
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

Wow, that is good news. About time we get one of those R2's. I am really excited about them focusing on Jabba's palace. Some long awaited figures might actually get made. Here's to hopefully getting a Hermi Odle as well.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Yes! Finally, some promising news! Bartender R2 is actually on my Top 10 want list. Maybe they'll bring on the other 9 soon too. The most interesting part though, is that I think Hasbro is actually keeping a close eye on the SSG Forum. Way to go!
    "We shall double our efforts."

Hasbro, you forgot a-boot us Canadians.

MAKE MOFF JERJERROD!

There's been very little revealed about the Jabba, other then it will be worth the wait and it's from ROTJ and will include his dias. I am eagerly looking forward to it's release as well. 2004 from the few confirmations and the rumors, sounds like a banner year.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Sounds GOOD!

Any new figures from the OT are gladly welcomed in my home any day of the year.
    GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!