Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thumbs up Jedi Points usage in the future?

I got this over at Rebelscum:

What sort of timeline have you seen (or can you guess at) for the release of Episode II sneak peak figures? Hadn't the STAP, MicroMachines Theed Palace and Mace Windu mail-in figure already come out by November of 98? I've seen the list of 5 or 6 figures (B.Fett, Shaak Ti, a few others) that are supposed to be some sort of "preview". What's your take? Any possibilty of another mail-in?

Well, according to what I've read the Episode II line will hit retail on April 22. From now until then, we've got the FX-7 wave (hitting stores now), Eeth Koth wave (released in the Orient, probably here by the end of the year), and the BoShek wave (I'm guessing Jan/Feb). I've heard rumors the Preview wave may arrive as early as January, but toy distribution after the holidays is typically slow. My guess is we'll see wide spread release in February or March, then the new line in April. As for the mail-away figure, Hasbro hinted we should start saving out Jedi Master Points in San Diego. No word yet what they will be used for, but reports to date say five "Preview" figures, four of which will come in a case as the "Preview" assortment. That leaves one figure, which could very well turn out to be the mail-in offer. Speculation at best, but something to be prepared for.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Our Jedi Master points are going to able to be exchanged for real estate.

It's true folks, the more Jedi Master Points you have, the less likely you have any closet space, or you're paying too much for storage. Now our good folks at Hasbro have come up with an ingenious solution as well as a send-away collectors really want and need.

Hasbro has set aside some land in the middle of Wyoming in a quaint little town with 1 Target, 1 Walmart, and 1 Toys R Us, and no way to phone Rhode Island, and soon we will be able to exchange red, green, and blue cardbacks for our mortgage. This unusual settlement of collectors will be studied for generations, if we survive that long. Full-time National Guard and militia will be present at all the toy retailers but won't interfere unless the situation becomes unneccesarily violent.

The great social experiment is at hand. I'll see you at TRU - in Wyoming.

(editor's note: Harrison Ford will be selling his estate and moving far, far away prior to this deal going through).

well they better think of something to use them with.....like kool-aid points! those USED to be pretty good......now there like crap unless you have thousands but anyways.........i can see it now, TRADE IN YOUR JEDI POINTS FOR COOL COLLECTIBLES!......
    Master Obi-Wan has lost a planet, how embarassing. - the great yoda

Unhappy

Heck, I'd take crappy collectibles, at this point (pun intended)! I'm almost at the point (pun still intended) where I'd take already released figures. At least we'd feel like we're getting something for holding onto these things.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

Originally posted by Bel-Cam Jos
    Heck, I'd take crappy collectibles, at this point (pun intended)! I'm almost at the point (pun still intended) where I'd take already released figures. At least we'd feel like we're getting something for holding onto these things.
    Heck, I'd trade in all my points for a can of mildew at this point. I have no idea why Hasbro includes these points on the box if they aren't going to use them. I remember I had saved all the MicroMachine points I collected over the years. I wrote to Galoob a letter stating what it's intentions were regarding the points and I never received an answer back. I then e-mailed them via their webpage and I was told basically, "throughout the year, we hold various promotions in where these points can be utilized, blah blah blah." I then e-mailed them back asking about these specific "promotions" and they failed to reply. I still have those points saved even though Galoob is pretty much defunct (taken over by the metamegaconglomerate known as Hasbro) and I hope, one day, one distant day, that there will be contests, offers, promotions, etc. that allow us collectors to finally turn in these points.
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

Well I hope they become useful for something. I have TONS of those things saved up!

Bring it on Hasbro!
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Wink

LBC, you may have given Hasbro an idea: Mildewde, the plant man who befriends Obi-WAn while on Bost N'Fernooine in E3! I sure hope not.

The one thing that will get my goat, will be if it's another "only points after this date" offers. ! I didn't like that aspect to get the Mace Windu fig.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bel-Cam Jos
    LBC, you may have given Hasbro an idea: Mildewde, the plant man who befriends Obi-WAn while on Bost N'Fernooine in E3! I sure hope not.

The scary part Bel-Cam is if Hasbro releases the can of mildew and slaps a Star Wars label on it, I'll probably buy it.
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

I heard somewhere, outthere, that you can save up those Jedi Points for an exclusive Jango Fett figure next year...

Originally posted by Lowly Bantha Cleaner
    I have no idea why Hasbro includes these points on the box if they aren't going to use them.
    But they have been used! Here in Oz they were used during the Jedi Points promotion of last year! In that promotion the rJedi Braid set was prize you got at the end of it
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious