Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Camouflage Stormtrooper

Maybe this idea has come up already ... but how about a camouflage Stormtrooper? I definitely would want a couple for the Endor display I've made. The EU take could be they were Special Forces from the Death Star II or what have you ....

Snake Plissken
    "A little human compassion"

Thumbs up

If EU Stormtroopers are going to be done, the should be from Crimson Empire. The Death Troopers rock, who doesn't want a black Stormtrooper. Carnor Jax and Kir Kanos would be really nice too.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

It could be a training mission figure? and could go with the cruise missile trooper!
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

That would be cool. I can see the stormies hiding in the bushes and an army of black, red, and white stormies.

Hehehehehehhe
    Be not afraid of any man, no matter what his size. When danger threatens call on me, and I will equalize.

– 19th century ad for Colt revolvers

Be wary of the man who only has one gun...for he probley knows how to
    use it.

You would think they would have those kind of troopers. It would be hard to hide in the bushes in bright white suits.The red and black would be cool.
    "I have a bad feeling about this".

"Just when I remembered what it was,I forgot where I put it."

Y'see the basic concept behind all Imperial operations isn't like America in Vietnam. The Imperials seem to have more of a "we're here and there's nothing you can do about it" concept of operations. They don't need to hide since intimidation is their primary tactic.

Similar to the UN in Operation Joint Endeavor in Bosnia. They sustain a high-profile military presence which acts as a deterent to rebellious acts.

Not saying that it worked incredibly well, but that was their theory.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

However Barada, the UN marching around the globe in blue doesn't help matters when they come under attack. Wearing white in the forest is like wearing a "kick me" sign during combat. The war between the Rebel Alliance and the Empire seemed to me similar a struggle between NATO and the Warsaw Pact in terms of units and tactics, but that's for another time.

Snake Plissken
    "A little human compassion"

One problem I had with the Battle of Endor during ROTJ was how out of character it was for the Imperials to simply engage these "animals" (as they saw them) in the forest. Why not simply have giant ships hovering around levelling the forest?

As for their blunders, all I can say is maybe the Imperials went unchallenged for too long. They got lazy and complacent.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Not to mention the Emperor's "entire legion of my best troops'' gets beaten by a bunch of teddy bears with rocks and sticks.

No wonder the empire collapsed. If their best troops can be beaten by koalas, you've got problems.
    "Watch this, I'm going to horrify you into a coma..."

Originally posted by Wolfwood319
    If their best troops can be beaten by koalas, you've got problems.
    But none of the imperials wanted to hurt any of the cute,little Koalas
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious