View Poll Results: Would you buy this Playskool Set?

Voters
282. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

241 85.46%
  • No

41 14.54%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Hybrid View

Would you buy this Playskool Set?

Do you think Hasbro should make this Playskool set and if they did would you but it?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails hothbattle1.jpg  
    "SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

I can't think of too many Playskool sets from the OT that I wouldn't buy! I think these are some of the most fun Star Wars toys Hasbro has put out in the past 5 years and we DEFINITELY need more.

Another set I'd like to see, just off the top of my head, is a TIE Fighter set with another Stormtrooper, TIE Pilot, and maybe an Imperial Probe droid or something.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

This would be a cool set. I'm with JT on this one, there aren't many sets from the OT I wouldn't buy.
    May the force be with you.

me and my nephew would love to see more play school sets. especially an at-at, we would also love to see a tie fighter set with a tie fighter pilot, a death star gunner and may be a fleet trooper. we have all the sets and we play with them but there are not enough bad guys and no bad guys ships. or may be a skiff set with lando and boba fett and a han in carbonite.

the best stuff about the play scool line is that it keeps him from touching my figures.

AS cutsie as these toys are, I just can't get into them so I voted no because I don't buy any of the playschool sets. If I had kids, it would be another story and I would buy them specifically for my "would-be" children.
    GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

Thumbs down

I'm not a fan of the playschool line. It's just too cartoony. They don't seem to have much display or collectable value either. There's plenty of other stuff I think we could be petishining Hasbro for. Granted, if I had kids, I agree, I would deffinatly buy these for them, but I don't, so I won't.

I don't see what the big deal is with these sets. Maybe its a "I have kids" thing (no offense). These sets are cool for really young children but for me as a collector, I'd rather Hasbro spend time sculpting all of those OT figures we still need. With the price, I am still not sure if I would buy them for my children. They should be happy with plain toys. But anyways...just my opinion.
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

i have no children to play with my playskool sets. i've boughten all of them i could find (still missing the endor set). i'd buy any playskool sets if still done in the same cartoonish/young style as the ones we have.

my main complaint with them echoes everyone else, we need more bad guys and have no imperial ships. they made a wampa, so i really want a jabba set with jabba, rancor, guard and leia (although she's probably too undressed for a kids set).

bring back the playskool sets. give us more, more i say.

For those voting "no" or those not seeing what the big deal with these is, how many of you have actually played with these sets in person? When these first came out, I didn't think much of them either but after Thrawn gushed about how great the sets he bought were, I gave 'em a chance and immediately dug 'em.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I would so be all over that set! I have kids but that set would me MINE, ALL MINE!

And, where'd the art work come from, SirSteve? Seems mighty "official-like" to me.....

J