I'd really like to see Topps issue a Series 2 of their AOTC Widevision cards this year, but I'm not optimistic. So far I've heard of no plans and I am doubtful because the Widevision set from November is a second series itself - following the first movie set from May.
Still, I can hope.
As far as what I plan to buy:
- LOTR TTT Update set - I assume this is forthcoming since they did 2 sets for FOTR. I just recently got the two FOTR sets and the current TTT set and think they were a great value at around $10 each. I'm planning on buying any possible TTT update set this year.
- LOTR ROTK toward the end of 2003.
- X-Men 2 - I might as well snag this if it's released, I bought the card set from the first X-Men movie and thought it was decent.
- HULK ? ? ? I don't know if there is a card deal in place, but I'd be open to the possibility. I know Topps is doing Daredevil this year, but I'll likely pass on that one . . .
- Star Wars !!!!!!! No new sets that I know of, but I'll be hitting Wizard World this summer and hope to find some good deals on the dealers' tables. Last year I bought the SW Evolution set for a good price, maybe I'll do some more retroactive collecting. I never did get complete sets of the OT Widevision cards (All I have are the Trilogy Set, both TPM sets, and both AOTC sets) so maybe I'll shoot for those. Oh, and if there are any metal card sets out there that I'm unaware of, I plan on snagging them too.