I just thought of this. Someone else probably has, too, so I doubt it's an original idea. The Classic Trilogy was full of teaching.
- Obi-Wan taught Luke about the Force and life.
- Yoda taught Luke about the Force.
- Han taught Luke about "reality."
- There were more "battle plan" scenes.
- The Emperor tried to teach Luke about the Dark Side.
Where were the teaching moments in the Prequels? I think that is quite possibly the reason why so many fans dislike them. Qui-Gon just threw out occasional comments about the Force, but with little depth to them. Fables and myths are usually full of lessons and morals, and that's what made SW such a universally accepted and loved series.
Who'd have thought that school-type lessons would make a movie better, eh? Other thoughts?