Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter

Harry Potter

LISTEN UP!

All of you need to go to a THX certified theater and see " Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone."

It was the best movie I have seen in a while.

And don't give me any of this "kids movie" garbage because we all come to these forums to discuss a series of "kids movies".

REMEMBER: Go to a THX certified theater. The sound was fantastic!
    All your base are belong to us!

Re: Harry Potter

Originally posted by Magnolia-Fan
    And don't give me any of this "kids movie" garbage because we all come to these forums to discuss a series of "kids movies".
    So you're saying Star Wars is a kids movie?
    I'll have to disagrre with that because it's more of a type of film that would attract a teenage group.(At least the original trilogy is.)

Re: Re: Harry Potter

Originally posted by master jedi
    So you're saying Star Wars is a kids movie?
    Not necessarily, but I wouldn't say that about Harry Potter either.

I'd call them a "family picture".

By the way, when did Star Wars first appeal to you? When you were a kid or when you were a teen?

I plan to check out Harry Potter this weekend, I actually prefer kids' movies to anything else. Good kids' movies appeal to everyone, and by definition Star Wars is a kids' series of films.

BTW, cool icon Magnolia Fan. I remember that guy when he was just a hard working stiff doing Coca-Cola commercials then he got a big head and starred in that crappy futuristic TV show. Ahhhhh, memories.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Originally posted by bigbarada
    BTW, cool icon Magnolia Fan. I remember that guy when he was just a hard working stiff doing Coca-Cola commercials then he got a big head and starred in that crappy futuristic TV show. Ahhhhh, memories.
    I was "lucky" enough to get a used video tape of the pilot episode for $2 awhile back, and yes, it was crap.

Max rocks though...

Re: Re: Re: Harry Potter

By the way, when did Star Wars first appeal to you? When you were a kid or when you were a teen?
    It first appealed to me as a teen.

That's surprising.

Most of us started this path to hell when we were kids.

Re: Re: Re: Harry Potter

I was corrupted at age 4.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Star Wars first corrupted me at age 5. By the time I was a teenager the trilogy and the phenomenon it started were a distant memory; the legendary "Dark Years."
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Exclamation BABIES!

*Shakes head....mumbles "These kids...."*

Try being 23 when the OT started.......
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!