Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Aliens vs. Humans

Is it me, or do the alien characters generally look cooler than the human characters? The 12 inch humans simply don't capture the likenesses very well, while the aliens and droids have it a lot easier in that respect. I really like a lot of these aliens, and I wish the humans looked as good.
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

You hit the nail right on the head. Hasbro just doesn't put enough $ into the 12" line. But it can be done, have you seen some of Sideshows 12" figures? They are dead on.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

IMO all of the EP 1&2 aliens are cool, but only like Yoda (from Luke 2 pk.) Bossk, and Zuckess from the OT. The alien Jedi are the best IMO, but it is possible for Hasbro to get it right with humans too. Just look at Dooku, and Jango.

Re: Aliens vs. Humans

Originally posted by JON9000
    Is it me, or do the alien characters generally look cooler than the human characters?
    Yep, I think you're right. I think we're much more forgiving when it comes to how non-human figures look though ... but mini-rock is right, Dooku is great and they could probably do better in general if they wanted to.
    Originally posted by turbowars
    But it can be done, have you seen some of Sideshows 12" figures? They are dead on.
    Sideshow does some amazing stuff, both humans and aliens. I've been looking at their "Outer Limits" figures and they're really nice. Their human stuff is about as good as you can get. It's not 100%, but they do such a great job with getting the idea right. Damn, I wish I hadn't gone over to their site to look around now ... there's about 20 things over there that I want. Look at that, (pic below) they did Telly Savalas and it really looks like Telly Savalas ... why can't we get a decent Ewan McGregor out of Hasbro?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	77005r.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	17.0 KB 
ID:	5854  
    plasticfetish.net

That was a dead on TS. Quick question though, does Sideshow charge anymore for their 12" figures than Hasbro for the SW 12incher's? I'd be more than willing to pay whatever H charged for better looking 12incher's.

My Twilight Zone The Eye of the Beholder 2 pack was like 35-40 bucks, so they are about the same.
    (Like my posts)

I agree that Dooku and Ultimate Jango were awesome. I also agree that aliens look better than humans most of the time. I liked Zuckuss, Ponda Baba, Tusken Raider, Jawa, Yoda, R2D2, and Greedo. They all look nice.
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

Originally posted by turbowars
    My Twilight Zone The Eye of the Beholder 2 pack was like 35-40 bucks, so they are about the same.

Really?! Hasbro should come out with an Ultimate Collector Series or something where they actually take the time to make the figure as accurate as the on screen character. Maybe even make a limited number of them. I don't know, but I'd be more than willing to pay more for more "accurate" looking figures.

Hasbro should come out with an Ultimate Collector Series or something where they actually take the time to make the figure as accurate as the on screen character. Maybe even make a limited number of them.
    my thoughts exactly. actually what they should do is sub contract the rights to companies who know what they are doing, like dragon, BBI, or sideshow. allow these companies to make figures that cater only to the adult collector's market, meaning they wouldn't be sold in wal-mart, toys'r us, or other mass market stores, and wouldn't compete with actual "toy" sales. i'd happily pay $40 for a sideshow/BBI quality star wars figure. i'm no fan of limited edition figures though. it makes me mad whan a company makes a really cool figure like the toys mc coy indiana jones and they sell out instantly.

it sounds like turbo wars got a good deal on his sideshow 2 pack. their figures sale for usually $30-$40 each..........like this new 12 inch jason from friday the 13th..............http://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/c...301&type=store

Ok I paid 40 for the Eye of the Beholder 2 pack, 35 for To Serve Man, 35 for the Invader, so yeah they are a bit more that Hasbro, but you get what you pay for. That Jason is Awesome! I'd love to collect more figres like that, but I'm speading myself out to thin as it is.
    (Like my posts)