Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Organizing software for your Star Wars collection

Hi, all.

I just got some real cool, very customizable software for organizing my Star Wars collection. I thought I'd pass it on so you can check it out too. Here's an eBay link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...9&category=751

Enjoy!

J

Sounds neat, but I'll just stick with Excel for free instead of their total price of $20.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

Not bad, look easy enough to use,but I keep my stuff on a spread sheet I created back in 97 for my collection. I sure as heck don't want to have to redo it again.

Well, you won't have to do it again. I imported the entirety of my nearly 600 figures from my Excel sheet without a hickup.

What I really dig about this software is the customization that it allows. For instance, the form that you enter or import your data to can be completely re-written and re-organized. You can, for instance, change the name of the column "Debut Card" to "Card Style" without any headache.

It also does importing from Access sheets, but I haven't done that b/c I don't use Access.

Oh, yeah. You don't have to pay the $4.00 shipping. You can just download it and avoid the shipping cost.

Not to p1mp the software or anything. If you guys/gals aren't interested, then you can go about your business; move along, move along. I just got it last weekend and really dig it. Thought I'd share it with you all.

J

One of my buddies uses Filemaker Pro....great for searching what he has and does not have....
    Collect 2 Collect (if you see someone damaging stuff kick them in the shorts!)
    Great Traders Slicker,KIDD,Rebo's_Guitarist,TURBOWARS,OC47150,
    bobafrett,Jay86,Lman316 & Dark Marble!

That looks like the software program I was looking at. If anyone else has it, could you tell me if it's easy to use?
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

I've been taking pics of my figures and putting them into my database tonight. Looks purdy sweet.

There's somethings which could be different on it, but I think it's a great program. And, it is easy to use. It did take some time getting the hang of all the customization options; but everything has a learning curve of some sort.

What I did, and I recommend anyone else do, is make a backup of my list and use the backup for importing and other testing purposes. As with all computer data, you don't want to take the risk of something horrible happening to the list you've worked so hard on.

J

Hey JF, wasn't ragging on you or anything. I just meant paying $16 or so for figure filing software wasn't my thing. Sounds like a neat program though.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

Hey man, I know that. I didn't think that at all.

And, I'm sure you know but, that "go about your business" text was a quote from Ben to the Sandtroopers. Just seemed to fit the occasion

J

What is the name of the program? Maybe you could download it for free on Kazaa.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten