Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    On the Bridge of my Super Star Destroyer... force-choking incompetent officers!

Yoda: "Bring me a ship!"

I would like to know...what happened to Yoda's ship when he entered the Geonosian hangar? Was he accompanied by Clone Troopers or did he fly the thing himself? What kind of ship was it? If he was accompanied by Clone Troopers...then why the heck did they not secure the premisess and prevent Dooku from boarding his Solar Sailer?...or let him escape?
    "The darkside of the force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be...unnatural"

"Join me... and together we can rule the galaxy as father and son"

I imagine he had a republic gun ship, as that's all that we saw. I also imagine he would of been accompanied by clonetroopers, but he probally told them to go back and join the fight. They'd of only got in the way and would have been a better help on the front lines.
    If you want to find it you have to shop.

Darkross has just shot another hole in what is the flaming wreckage of AOTC's "plot".
    Postatem obscuri lateris nescitis

Originally posted by icatch9
    I imagine he had a republic gun ship, as that's all that we saw. I also imagine he would of been accompanied by clonetroopers, but he probally told them to go back and join the fight. They'd of only got in the way and would have been a better help on the front lines.

Exactly! He needed a ship which most likely consisted of the pilots and that's it. Yoda was going to take care of Jedi business, and no reason to pull troops from the battle when he already had Obi-Wan & Anakin there.

It's not a screw up like when Vader sensed Obi-Wans presence after the falcon was pulled into the Death Star hanger bay. If Vader sensed Obi-Wan then why didn't he board the ship instead of running to Tarkin? Or like when the Death Star went to blow up Yavin, why didn't they just blow up both planets, and put an end to the Rebellion once and for all? That's just sloppy.

Luckily the prequels so far offer a more believeable story 'cause the OT need serious help.

that would be hilarious if yoda flew a ship himself! but i agee i think he just asked for a pilot and went himself! no need for troopers there, there not going do nething but get in the way!

I would think he likely went with a full ships crew (what that would be I don't know - 2 pilots, a gunner and 6 troopers?) and got let off at a different hangar door, not knowing exactly where the others were? He swaggers in from around the corner doesn't he? The ships crew probably fanned out to chase separatists or were engaged by Geos and had to cover for the little guy. As far as plots go and stuff, I don't really care whether or not movies are a stretch. That's what fantasy is for. It's harder for me to buy into the extreme stunts in XXX (of course I mean the XXX with Vin Diesel) or a late James Bond movie than I do with stretches in plot developments in fantasy films. If amazing events didn't transpire, what the hell would they make the movie for any way?
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

It's possible that the ship that dropped Yoda off was the same that picked up Padme.
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

I think he was standing at ground control and then went **BAMF** and just appeared there.. in a little flash of green dust..

ok sorry for mixing movies..
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Salsa Shark.. I think were gonna need a bigger boat..[/FONT]

Originally posted by Tonysmo
    I think he was standing at ground control and then went **BAMF** and just appeared there.. in a little flash of green dust..
    I was thinking the same thing.

But seriously he probably got dropped off and sent them back to battle.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Also, the fate of the first gunship that docked at the landing pad (when off loading Obi Wan and Anakin) was probably reported back to the command post, and so I would imagine the pilot wouldn't want to hang around letting the 'duck beak' fighters pick him off.
    http://homepage.mac.com/stupidfish