Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Are any of these in the actual movies?

Or are they just from the Disney ride? Just curious...
    God was my co-pilot, but we crashed into the Andes and I had to eat Her.

I know that at the ride in DisneyLand there is an R4-M9 unit as you are waiting in line for the ride that is like the one in ANH but of course they made that already as non-startours. The pilot REX I never saw in the movie nor did I see some of those first startours ones, but I haven't seen all of the ones they are making. I'm assuming they are just for the ride...most of them anyhoo
    GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

ALL of them are for the ride, none from the movie (but I'm unsure on R3-D3). And I believe it is a different droid than R4-M9 that is in the waiting area.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

I've never seen these characters before...probably just the ride.
    http://www.streetmusicny.com

"Street Music" (Directed by JD Marlow) is a documentary short about performance in public spaces, focusing on NYC street and subway musicians. Check out my web site for more information about the film!

All the figures are from the Star Tours ride. There are probably 5-6 different "R2" units. 1-2 "3POs" and a couple misc. droids around. I'll have to dig out my pix I took a couple years back to see for sure.
    Shop at the SOFA-KING Big Sofa Store

Where the sofas are SOFA-KING big!

there are other protical droids besides C-3PO in the ride? Is this in the Florida version only?
    "Ha Ha Ha Hee Hee Hee, I'm a laughing gnome and you cant catch me!" said the laughing gnome....

- David Bowie: The laughing gnome.

I'm not positive about the extra 3POs. It's been 8 years since I've been out to MGM. I live 15 minutes away, but it's just too expensive.
    BTW, I did find one pic. It shows G2-4T, R3-D3, another R3 with red markings instead of blue, and a R5 droid with orange markings, and "protruding" eyeports. They look like rifle scopes sticking out of the head.
    I'll post the pic tomorrow.

Star Tours droid pic

Here they are.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	star tours droids.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	47.6 KB 
ID:	3153  

Nice pic DarthChuck. I think the red R3 unit was in the movies, and the R5 looks like the one with the modified head that was in the Sandcrawler, I don't think they showed it on film very well, but I think it has a SW:CCG card or something along those lines.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

The red R3 looks like the one that was rolling around on the first Death Star behind obiwan
    "Ha Ha Ha Hee Hee Hee, I'm a laughing gnome and you cant catch me!" said the laughing gnome....

- David Bowie: The laughing gnome.