Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Silver Boba Fett: Full Information from StarWars.Com

Track Down This Bounty Hunter: Silver Boba Fett
    May 12, 2003

Hasbro will release an exclusive silver edition Boba Fett 3 3/4" action figure at summer conventions this year, as well as through the Official Star Wars Fan Club. The figure hits the convention scene first, and will then be available to Fan Club members.
    The action figure is modeled after the 300th Edition Boba Fett, as seen in The Empire Strikes Back. This edition will be cast in a silvery finish, and packaged on a distinctive card.

The Official Star Wars Fan Club in the U.S., managed by Paizo Publishing, will sell the figure at select U.S. conventions while supplies last at each location. Look for Paizo's booth to find the exclusive action figure, plus other merchandise such as the beautiful Attack of the Clones IMAX banners and posters. After the 2003 convention season the U.S. Fan Club will offer the figure for sale to its members worldwide, while supplies last.

Here are the currently scheduled conventions where you can track down this bounty hunter. Be sure to check Paizo Publishing's official website for any changes to this schedule.

Jun 26 -- 29: Origins; Columbus OH
    Jul 17 -- 20: Comic-Con International; San Diego, CA
    Jul 24 -- 27: Gen Con; Indianapolis, IN
    Aug 8 -- 10: Wizard World Chicago; Rosemont, IL

The Boba Fett convention figures will be sold at the Paizo booth for $10 each plus local taxes as applicable. Convention shoppers will be limited to a maximum purchase of two figures.

"Members of the Official Star Wars Fan Club should bring their membership cards with them to these conventions," said Mary Franklin, Director of Marketing at Paizo. "If the convention center setup allows, we will have a 'fast lane' for card-carrying members so they'll have a shorter wait to purchase their figures and other Fan Club collectibles."

Hasbro will also offer the figure through a limited number of international promotions, and through Official Star Wars Fan Clubs worldwide, including the Mexican Fan Club Collector's convention in Mexico City this July.

http://starwars.com/collecting/news/...s20030512.html

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

So does this mean the first time us non-going conventioners (but fan club members) will get a chance to buy this figure is at the fan club site and after August?? That is what I figure out from that type-up. They said they would sell the remainder after the conventions...right?
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

As long as they ONLY sell 2 per person...there MAY be some left for the FanClub...of course, we saw how well 2 per person worked at C2
    Shop at the SOFA-KING Big Sofa Store

Where the sofas are SOFA-KING big!

Interesting, interesting, that may change my perspective on this one slightly since it'll be in US cons rather than JUST the Fan Club.

JJB, you could use the "report as news" link next time it's something newsworthy like this.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

imagine if you were/are one of the people shelling out $199+ on eBay for this thing right now, and STARWARS.com posts this.....AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! !!!
    Shop at the SOFA-KING Big Sofa Store

Where the sofas are SOFA-KING big!

JT, I did use the report as news link.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Ah, yeah, coming to Columbus, baby!!! Rock the casbah!!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Hate to say this, but I think this is the epitomy of cheesy. I enjoyed the 300th Fett as much as the next Joe, but THREE different releases of this sucker? (Original, the new bounty hunter pack, and this)

I was hoping for at least a minor change to an existing Fett, as opposed to dipping this sucker in silver and slapping it on a new card.

Of course, I'll get one (or two), but it will be under protest

J

StarWars.Hasbro.Com Updated With A Little More Info.

Special Edition Silver Boba Fett Action Figure
    May 13, 2003

Hasbro will release an exclusive Star Wars action figure this summer. The figure, a silver-painted, 3 ¾” Boba Fett, will be available through the Official Star Wars Fan Club at several U.S. fan conventions this summer; it will then be available to Official Fan Club members after the convention season. Hasbro also will offer the figure for a limited number of international promotions and through Official Star Wars Fan Clubs worldwide, including the Mexican Fan Club Collectors’ convention in Mexico City this July.

Toy fans can anticipate an exceptional collectible. The limited edition figure is modeled after the 300th Edition Boba Fett, as he was seen in The Empire Strikes Back. It will be packaged on a distinctive card; the same packaging will be used for all figures worldwide.

In recent years, Hasbro has made it a tradition to say "thank you" to Star Wars fans by creating limited edition action figures such as the Star Wars Celebration II Jorg Sacul figure and the vacuum-metalized R2-D2.

"We want to thank the fans for supporting the brand through the years," said Jeff Popper, Director of Marketing for Star Wars at Hasbro.

The Official Star Wars Fan Club in the U.S., managed by Paizo Publishing, will sell the figure at the U.S. conventions listed below, while supplies last at each location. Look for Paizo’s booth to find the exclusive action figure, plus other merchandise such as the beautiful Attack of the Clones IMAX banners and posters. After the 2003 convention season the U.S. Fan Club will offer the figure for sale to its members worldwide,* while supplies last.

The plan at press time is to offer the action figure at these conventions. Fans should check www.paizo.com for last-minute updates or schedule changes before making their final convention plans.

Origins
    Columbus Convention Center
    Columbus, OH
    June 26 - 29

Comic-Con International
    San Diego Convention Center
    San Diego, CA
    July 17 – 20

Gen Con Indy
    Indiana Convention Center
    Indianapolis, IN
    July 24 - 27

Wizard World Chicago
    Donald E. Stephens Convention Center
    Rosemont, IL
    August 8 – 10

The Boba Fett convention figures will be sold at the Paizo booth for $10 each plus local taxes as applicable. Convention shoppers will be limited to a maximum purchase of two figures. Staff at the Paizo booth will punch convention badges to indicate purchases.

"Members of the Official Star Wars Fan Club should bring their membership cards with them to these conventions," said Mary Franklin, Director of Marketing at Paizo. "If the convention center setup allows, we will have a "fast lane" for card-carrying members so they’ll have a shorter wait to purchase their figures and other Fan Club collectibles."

Hasbro will attend both ComicCon and Wizard World Chicago, giving fans the opportunity to view for themselves most of the 2003 Star Wars toy line. Fans should stop by the Hasbro booth for special promotions, including the Star Wars Short Story Collection. Created by Hasbro, Star Wars Insider, Del Rey, and Scholastic, the Short Story collection will be available only in selected Hasbro Clone Wars toys, at ComicCon and Wizard World, and through special Hasbro promotions. Hasbro will also have a new version of its life-sized action figure blister card at these conventions. Fans who attended Star Wars Celebration II might remember having their picture taken as life-sized action figures.

To learn more go to www.starwars.com, starwars.hasbro.com, or starwars.paizo.com.

*The Official Star Wars Fan Club of the U.S. offers membership to fans in all countries except Austria, Benelux, Canton Ticino, France, Germany, Italy, Mexico, San Marino, Spain, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, and Vaticano. Star Wars fans in these countries can join their local Official Star Wars Fan Clubs.

To subscribe to the Official Star Wars Fan Club go to starwars.paizo.com, email swinsider@pcspublink.com, or call 1-760-291-1509.

http://starwars.hasbro.com/pl/page.r....118/dn/bh.cfm

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

And POTF2.COM has prototype images of the Boba Fett, and a Silver CloneTrooper as well, who is supposed to be a Store Exclusive later this year. Here's the pics.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	prototype silver boba fett.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	28.7 KB 
ID:	5885