Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1

    Anakin Secret Ceremony

    I just got the Anakin Secret Ceremony figure. Why does he come with a light saber, blast effect, and a stern look on his face as if he is in a battle. Isn't this figure supposed to re-enact the wedding scene? He should look happy, not like he's facing the entire Separatist army. Maybe he misunderstood when Padme said "Get ready for some serious action tonight!"

  2. #2

    Re: Anakin Secret Ceremony

    Originally posted by tgr3328
    I just got the Anakin Secret Ceremony figure. Why does he come with a light saber, blast effect, and a stern look on his face as if he is in a battle. Isn't this figure supposed to re-enact the wedding scene? He should look happy, not like he's facing the entire Separatist army. Maybe he misunderstood when Padme said "Get ready for some serious action tonight!"
    It fits his m.o. for the entire film...being angry for no justifiable reason at all. So with that in mind, it's the perfect likeness! :happy:

  3. #3
    I agree. I don't understand why they wanted to make this Anakin one that is a "battle" figure. Aren't there enough Anakins with lightsaber slashing action. Do we really need another one?
    I'm not a Hasbro basher, but I think they dropped the ball on this one.
    If you want to find it you have to shop.

  4. #4
    Its a good figure. I just don't think that the pose, accessories, and facial expression make it a wedding Anakin. He looks like Anakin, Jedi Knight (post-EPII).

  5. #5
    That's exactly my feeling on this one as well. It's a really good Anakin figure but NOT a good "wedding scene" figure. Ehhhh... what do I know? I like a lot of the ones that have come out recently... BUT NOT RIP-CORD ARTOO!!!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

  6. #6
    Yea, Hasbro has done very well with this last batch of figs. Still, disapointing about the secret ceremony. What am I suppose to put on top of my wedding cake now? Bummer!
    If you want to find it you have to shop.

  7. #7
    Originally posted by icatch9
    Yea, Hasbro has done very well with this last batch of figs. Still, disapointing about the secret ceremony. What am I suppose to put on top of my wedding cake now? Bummer!
    I hope you weren't planning on using Broccoli Padme for your cake. I guess Padme will just have to stand by herself on her wedding day, because Annie looks like he's planning another Tusken population control session.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

  8. #8
    I think it's a great wedding scene figure, the face is a look of deep intensity and he's the most neutrally posed Anakin yet.
    And I'm sure that when he's posed looking into the face of Padme, he'll look great.
    He comes with a Lightsaber for any post AOTC adventures that kids wanna play with.
    "Trust me, itís paradise. This is where the hungry come to feed. For mine is a generation that circles the Globe in search of something we havenít Tried before. So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite, and never outstay your welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what, itís probably worth it."

  9. #9
    Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
    It's a really good Anakin figure but NOT a good "wedding scene" figure.
    He probably heard about how "things" change after you get hitched, so the expression is probably showing his despair at getting less cootchie.

  10. #10
    Originally posted by stillakid
    He probably heard about how "things" change after you get hitched, so the expression is probably showing his despair at getting less cootchie.
    Ha, I was going to say the same thing! Maybe he's getting the lightsaber to set loose the ol' ball n' chain he just married. No, wait he has to have the kids yet, but I bet he's saying "One of these days Padme, Bam, straight to the twin moon with ya!"

    Yeah, I keep looking at the figure asking myself why he needs a lightsaber, and whats with the mean face. Definitly going to keep that aggressive looking figure carded. I already have some mean faced Anakins loose and in battle.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO