Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up Thoughts On The Spider Droid

Well, I picked up the new deluxe Spider Droid last night at a Baltimore area Target. I have mixed feelings on it.

As an adult collector I think it's great. I hope they start shipping more as this is a great army builder & displays well. On the other hand, I feel sorry for kids who use their allowance money on a $10 toy that is supposed to walk when in fact, it doesn't walk! Maybe a few steps...then stops. Ugh

Has anyone else had problems or success getting this to walk?

PS - Stay away from the Super Battle Droid builder set. It looks soooooooooooo lame!

I got both of these in the mail today (Thanks NEWFORCECOMICS), and I concur with the senator from Hagerstown. The spider droid took 3 steps and .......nadda. I had to poke it along to get it going again.

The SBD is.......eh. It's kinda cool....if I were 4 years old it would probably be the best toy ever. My 7 year old isn't home from school yet, but he'll probably love it, more for the Playdoh than the droid itself. I DO like the droid's articulated ankles, knees, elbows, shoulders and hips. The droid maker machine is cool.

The Spider Droid is pretty to look at, but crappy as a toy.

The SBD is crappy to look at, but cool for a toy.
    Shop at the SOFA-KING Big Sofa Store

Where the sofas are SOFA-KING big!

Originally posted by DarthChuckMc

The Spider Droid is pretty to look at, but crappy as a toy.

The SBD is crappy to look at, but cool for a toy.
    Maybe I should've picked up the SBD kit for my son! Is it really playdoh inside?

Yeah, gunmetal gray with a little glitter to make it "metal" looking.

Yes... It's dark blue Play-Doh with metallic sparkles in it... just like the plastic they used for the SBD (not "silent but deadly" ) figure.

I really like the way the SBD set looks when you connect it to the rest of the Arena playset... very chunky, industrial and impressive.

I think the Spider Droid is a pretty lame toy... moreso than the SBD Builder. It looks really good but, well, no matter what I do-- I can't even get mine to take ONE step. Oh, well... I wouldn't be plying with it that way anyhow.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

The kids got home about ten minutes ago, and they are fighting over the SBD maker. My daughter even likes it. So far, so good. My son tried the Spider Droid waiting for his sister to finish her turn with the SBD, but lost interest pretty quick. They both like the Jango and Obi-Wan Kamino deluxe figs, too.

3 outta 4 "good" new deluxe ain't bad I suppose.

I've never laid my eyes on either of those, so I can't comment on the in-hand quality. But, I like the look and the way they both display in their cards.

What I don't like is the lack of anything related to scale on the Spider critter. I did notice, somewhere, that Hasbro threw the word "dwarf" on the cardback - I guess to shut up folks like me. Didn't work, though

J

The dwarf spider droid is shorter than a human, like the figure is. The droid builder is blue, not brown or gray (see pics on Galactic Hunter's review). I haven't found them yet, but I hear they are in stores around my area.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Someone educate me a little bit about this new spider droid. Does it wind up or what? How does the "walking" work or supposed to work? Thanks in advance. Oh, and, if it does wind up, where is the "winder" located?
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.