Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: X-Men Evolution

Hybrid View

X-Men Evolution

I know this show is pretty much old news, but I've recently started watching it on Cartoon Network. As with the new TMNT show, I hated it when it first came out (based on one episode that was heavy on the high-school drama). But the show is pretty darn wild, very true to the spirit of X-Men if not the details. (Most of the characters are in their teens.) And the more I see it, the more the cartoon from a decade ago looks dated and pedestrian.

So far in the few episodes I've seen, I've noticed the following characters:
    Professor X
    Wolverine
    Beast
    Storm
    Cyclops
    Rogue
    Jean Grey
    Shadowcat
    Nightcrawler
    Spyke
    Iceman
    Cannonball
    Magma
    Jubilee
    Boom-Boom (ugh)
    Multiple Man
    Wolfsbane
    Mystique
    Toad
    Blob
    Richter
    Quicksilver
    Scarlett Witch
    Magneto
    Sabertooth
    Colossus
    Gambit
    Pyro
    Trask
    Sentinel (there's only one so far, and it looks like it could take an army of the comic-book versions)
    Angel
    a British girl with purple hair I suspect may be Psylocke, despite a different first name
    Nick Fury (!)
    Captain America (!!!)

Airs at 10:30 Mon-Thurs on the Cartoon Network (just after Justice League, which you should be watching anyway). Highly recommended.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

It's actually quite good, I've been trying to catch up on the series since I missed it when it was originally on. A forth season has been financed I believe, so things are going well for the series on the new network.

Let me direct you to the best X-Men: Evolution site on the web. And yes, for the love of god I hate Boom-Boom. So I equal your Ugh. BTW, the British Girl with the purple hair I believe is named Risty Wilde, and is actually Mystique.

http://x-men.animationinsider.net/index1.html

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Oh, wow! I've got to see the episodes with Forge and Juggernaut; hopefully they'll be re-run soon.

Apocalypse in the works! He's a lot like Gambit to me: I don't particularly like the big guy, but the thought of him showing up makes me giddy. (The way Gambit's first appearance in Day of Reckoning Pt 1 is handled, just showing a hand flipping cards at first, was superb.)

Risty Wilde, eh? I can't help but wonder about that. Not doubting you, JJB, but the fact that she's befriending mutants, has purple hair, and speaks with an English accent still makes me think there's some connection to good ol' Betsy "the only good thing Mandarin ever did was turn me into a scantilly-clad warrior woman" Braddock.

It might be interesting to see Bishop, Cable*, Rachel Summers, or one of the other umpteen-gazillion characters from various apocalyptic futures show up in future episodes, too.

* I don't care if Marvel does officially only refer to him as Nathan Summers and he now looks like a Matrix reject, the big dude will always be a gun-toting cyborg called Cable to me.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

She was actually befriending Rogue, so that she could gain access to the mansion. She steals a computer disc in the 4th episode of the second season from Cerebro that contains files with all the names of all the X-Men/Mutants that Xavier knows about on it. It also contains the location of Wanda Maximoff ("Scarlet Witch") and Xavier's notes on her. Which leads into the episode Hex Factor.

http://x-men.animationinsider.net/risty.html
    http://x-men.animationinsider.net/eps/17.html

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Last edited by Beast; 05-15-2003 at 03:58 PM.

Last night's ep was even better (though my cable screwed up and I missed a minute or two just after Nick Fury showed up). I can't wait to find out where Professor X is, and I hope he's not putting on a screwy costume and planning to go out as Onslaught for Halloween. (That was without a doubt the stupidest idea for a comic storyline ever.)

Is Berserker based on an actual comic character, or is he an original? For that matter, I should ask the same of Spyke.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    I would only watch it occasionally, and I got trapped in that wierd pattern where you see the same episode over and over and over. (That ever happen to you?) It was the one where Scott saves Toad under the bleachers and Nightcrawler shows up. And then I saw the one where the kids work together to climb the mountain.
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

A 4th season, hope that comes to pass. I really grew to like this show in its initial run, the only thing that bugged me was the generic voice acting for Wolverine.

Oh, and that purple-haired girl was DEFINITELY Mystique.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I saw the announcement today, now I just need to find it again. They said the forth season is in the can, 9 episodes and a 2 parter season finale

I really would like to know why they get a crappy 11-13 episode season, when other cartoons like TMNT get 26.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

What the hell is Gambit's mutant ability anyway ? Honestly, I don't know . . . I don't follow the comics but I'm really curious.

I know he does the card flicking tricks - please tell me that's unrelated to his mutation because I think it's REAAAAAALLY lame.

Gambit's ability is that he can charge items with Kinetic Energy. Apperantly he also has some sort of Eagle Eye ability, where he can focus in on his targets. He uses the playing cards likely because they are cheap and easy to carry.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Last edited by Beast; 05-17-2003 at 04:27 AM.