Need some help finding appropriate display cases for certain figures

Hi, all.

As most of you know, I'm a carded collector and I use Star Cases, acrylic cases and other cases to store my carded figures in. There are some series of carded figures for which I cannot find display cases.

The ones that I can find no cases for are: EP1 Battle Bags; EP1 foriegn exclusive mini Naboo Fighter and Anakin; and POTF2 Gunner Stations. The ones for which I have found suitable, but not great, cases are: POTF2 Leia collection; EP1 Trophy series; POTF2 Max Rebo Band Pairs; POTF2 Electronic F/X series; Saga Nexu; EP1 Electronic Accessory Sets; and POTF2 Luke and Vader 2-Pack from that Escape the Death Star board game.

Any help is greatly appreciated. In return, here's a post I made earlier in another thread which covers the scope of my knowledge of what will and won't fit in display cases known to me.

J

>>>
    OK, here goes what I know of display cases:

1. The EP1 mini-figs fit in HotWheels/Matchbox cases by Protech. They do not fit the figures EXACTLY, but they will protect your mini figs well enough until something better comes along.

2. The best case for all of the POTF, POTJ, EP1 and Saga Deluxe figures are the Protech Star Case Deluxe. (That's it's new name - it is the same dimensions as the SLU singles cases) This fits them all EXCEPT: POTJ Luke/Bacta and Leia/Cannon; EP1 Electronic Accessory Sets (Gungan cannon and some other thingie); or Saga Nexu. The POTF2 Leia Collection, POTF2 Max Rebo Band Pairs, and EP1 Trophy Series (Darth Maul) fit in these cases, but the cases are too wide to securely hold the figures over a long period of time, IMO. Also, the Luke and Vader 2-Pack from that Escape the Death Star board game fits well in these cases, albeit sideways.

3. The POTJ Luke/Bacta and Leia/Cannon; EP1 Electronic Accessory Sets (Gungan cannon and some other thingie); and Saga Nexu fit fairly well in the Protech Play Case 3. It's a tad too tall, but is plenty deep enough for even the biggest of these. The Play Case 3 will also protect your Ephant Mon figure - the case is too tall and too wide, but is deep enough for short term protection.

4. The SOTE 2-Packs (Vader/Xizor and Fett/IG-88) fit perfectly in the SLU Doubles cases. The Electronic Power F/X from the POTF2 line fit great in these, height-wise, but the cases are too wide. Still, it will hold and protect them well enough. The carded CommTech Reader will fit in these, albeit sideways.

5. The Protech acrylic cases do not fit any of the Saga figures or any of the larger POTF2, POTJ, or EP1 figures. I got some custom acrylic cases for my Saga figures from: http://www.kennertoys.com/cases/cases.htm

Oscar is the guy's name and he'll hook you up with any custom-sized case you need. I do recommend tracing your cardback onto cardboard and shipping it to him - to make extra sure of a perfect fit.

I also see that Cloud City is in the acrylic case makin' bidness nowadays, or will be soon. Here's the link: http://www.toycases.com/index.asp

I buy all of my Protech products from: http://www.stores.ebay.com/id=328759
    John is the dude. He's a great guy who sells at great prices! Check him out. If he doesn't have it on his eBay page, send him an email and he'll give you a quote; or check out: http://corporate.auctionworks.com/st...263&sfid=20841
    Acrylics at $7.95 each is crazy cheap.

Hope that helps you guys out some. That's all I can think of at the time.
    >>>

No words of display case wisdom from any of you? I can't be the only one facing this issue. And, if I am the only one, you suckers best tell me which cases were used to solve your problems!

Thanks!

J

Oh come on, buy them from Oscar Mr.Money Bags. HeHe. Beside I don't think to many care about putting their crappy gunner station in a case.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Geez, I just can't see paying $11.00 for the Ephant Mon case from Oscar. That's 2.5X what I paid for the figure itself! Guess I'll have to wait until ProTech makes a Star Case big enough.

It's really worth the cash though. I don't think Protech will make a larger case just for Mon. I think with shippng it came to 17 bucks. Besides, it keeps touchy feely oily hands off my collecton.
    (Like my posts)

Originally posted by turbowars
    Oh come on, buy them from Oscar Mr.Money Bags. HeHe. Beside I don't think to many care about putting their crappy gunner station in a case.
    Don't I wish I had bags o' money....

I'm sure I will end up coughing up $10+ each for custom acrylics, but I was HOPING to avoid that. Doesn't look like that's going to happen, though.

J

Anyone know if the Star Case deluxe will fit the new Clone wars three packs?

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit4x
    Anyone know if the Star Case deluxe will fit the new Clone wars three packs?
    They will fit in the deluxe case, but they will flop around lose, because the Clone War card is too small, so no it wont work.
    (Like my posts)