Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

SW reference on "That 70's Show" last night

Ok, someone likely has beat me to this, but did anyone see the new "70's Show" last night? Eric and Donna were moving out into their own apartment, and, upon further inspection of a box marked "Dishes", Donna discovered Eric's "Millennium Falcon" toy.
    She was messing w/ him about it, and he grabbed it and said something in its defense and announced that it was going with them. Pretty funny.

Also, I noticed that it appeared to be the "carrying case" MF from a few years ago, guess the prop guy couldn't come across a vintage Falcon, though you would think they could afford to.
    Postatem obscuri lateris nescitis

That reminded me of this scene I saw in the series "Do Over" where this guy gets sent back to a time when he was younger knowing what he knows now. He is standing in line at the theatre for "The Empire Strikes back" and is threating to tell what happens when he gets roughed up by a guy in a Vader costume, and 2 guys in Stormtrooper armor. I don't know that anyone had that kind of proffesional looking costume back in the 80's, but it was halarious.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

That 70's show has had quite a few Star Wars refrences throughout the series. I really like the epsidoe where they all go to see Star Wars, and that's all the guys can think about for weeks (how true).

=MATT=
    * General Disclaimer- I can't spell or type- Deal with it.

Yeah, I watched this with my parents this week and argued about the fact that there's no way Eric could've had that particular Falcon.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I was telling my wife that it wasn't the real Falcon. The original one had all those guns on the top of it and the back had the stickers of the flames shooting out. That was far from the original.

One of my favorite 70's Show episodes is when they do the Star Wars spoof when Eric and Donna's old friend is trying ot steal Donna. It was on as a rerun in syndication the other day. Great episode. They have referenced Star Wars many times through out the shos history.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I totally noticed it was the Falcon carrying case and it did bug me a little. I think the prop guy was just being lazy though, you can pick up a POTF2 Falcon in sealed boxes from several stores around here for $50 to $75 and it looks IDENTICAL to the vintage one.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I noticed it right away as well,but it was still a great episode.However,I agree with JT.The prop guy could have gotten a loose Falcon easily enough without paying too much.

The 70's show is great for SW Refrences,I also like the episode when Eric and Red compete in that Father/Son tournament.Red said what my parents say all the time
    Treat your stepmother with respect Pantera, or you'll be sleeping in the streets!!

I saw that. I love that show.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

They have some good references, but usually thy screw them up.
    In the father-son thing that IJG mentioned, it goes kind of like this:
    RED: All you had to do was build a birdhouse!
    ERIC: Well, I thought we could get extra points if I made the Millennium Falcon.
    RED: If that's something from Star Wars, I'm gonna kick your ***!
    ERIC: No, it's a bird . . . that can make the Kessel Run in six parsecs.

See, another great scene, somewhat botched up. The Falcon's great, fast and all, but it's not a mirclae woker.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

That 70's Star Wars reference show!!!!

Has anyone noticed Eric's great Star Wars references the last 2 weeks on That 70's Show. What's up with that? Keep 'em coming!
    "In my experience there's no such thing as luck."