Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    I never miss it on Cartoon Network. IMO Futurama and Family Guy have a better home there.

Originally posted by JediTricks
    The show continued to be consistantly edgy, funny, silly, and great-looking all at the same time ...
    I agree. I'd even say that the look of the show seemed to spur the Simpsons forward a little (quality wise.)

I'll also agree with mini-rock that it probably has a better home on the Cartoon Network.
    plasticfetish.net

Sweet three toed sloth of the ice planet Hoth!

Anyone see Hermes say that on tonight's Futurama on FOX? Fox said it was a new episode, and I never saw it before.

It involved these space bees....I don't want to give away anymore in case you haven't seen it. But Hermes said Hoth, cool reference.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

Good ep, not entirely of the "ha ha" variety though. I did indeed notice that reference, as well as the more-obvious 2001 reference (which was made extra funny by sheer coincidence that 2001 was on TCM today). The art was especially nice in this ep too, as were the past-ep-references (Leela seems to know a lot about Fry's life in the thirty-first century ).

I believe the last 5 eps of the series are going to run starting with this one and following throughout the summer. Stupid Fox should NEVER have cancelled this show.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

If they should cancel anything, it should have been the Simpsons. Now there is a show that's become old and tiring. But no, far funnier and original shows like Futurama and Family Guy die a terrible death to postponments and rescheduling.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I was gonna suggest that, but felt it might not be too well received since the series still seems to have a number of loyalists. However, I will point out that while The Simpsons' ratings have slipped in the past few years, Family Guy has been cancelled for almost 2 years and people are still talking about it and asking for new eps. According to IMDB, there are over 100,000 signatures on a petition to bring it back.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I'm a little upset, I was used to watching Futurama, and Family Guy on the Cartoon network on Sunday nights and they now just have it Monday through Thursday. One less night, plus I didn't see the episode of Futurama on Fox last night, so now I'm twice as upset.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Last night's episode was really great, definitely on my top 10 list. Hermes-A taking a long time to think about whether or not to blast open the airlock was a great bit of what my friends keep telling me is "more of the show's dry humor" (but if it's dry humor, why did I wet my pants with laughter? ). I can't believe how much garbage Fox keeps yet they can't keep this gem around. And it still looks fantastic.

That episode with the space bees was great, and it fits in with the smallest of refrences in the very first episode

When Professor Farnsworth hands the crew thier new carear chips from his old crew, he tips them out of an envelope marked 'contents of Space Wasp's stomach'!

This was not a 'funny' episode, but it was exelent and a great example of what I love about Futurama.

You've got comical episodes like The 'Anthology of Interest' episodes, 'Why Must I be a Crustacean In Love?' and 'Amazonian Women In The Mood', but then you have intreguing like the one that was on a few weeks back, or the one where you find ou that is was Nibbler that pushed Fry into the cryo-tube, and then there are the very touching episodes like, 'The Luck Of The Fryrish', and Jurassic Bark!

Sad to see it go!
    "Giggety giggety!"

Jek Porky 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Jek Porky 2002
    Sad to see it go!
    You know ... the show's on at 11pm (m-f) on the Cartoon Network here ... I'm enjoying that time slot and it being on that channel about a hundred times more. I watch it pretty much every night now, instead of wandering to it on Fox whenever I happen to remember it's on.
    plasticfetish.net