Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Next week's episode is the last Futurama ever.

Futurama got nominated for an emmy 2 weeks ago for the surprisingly-touching "Jurassic Bark" from earlier this season which supposedly brought in a bunch of new viewers. Smart move Fox, cancelling an emmy-nominated show just as it's bringing in new viewers despite the horrendous timeslot you gave it.

Farewell, good friend Futurama. You were a brilliant, lovely, hilarious show who deserved better treatment than what you received from the fools running your network. You were arguably the best-made cartoon sitcom ever and I'll never forget you even if I grow so old that the Sunset Squad comes to take me away and throw me in the Near-Death Star.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

At least it is on Cartoon Network. I lovd this show, but like JT said, the timeslot is all wrong.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Dang, I missed last Sunday's episode because of its crummy time slot. What was the episode about?
    "Smeeeeee....Heeeeeee...." -- Kryten 4000

Bender became the newest cast member of "All My Circuits" as, well, himself, and was a bad influence on children. Hermes and the Professor started Fathers Against Rude Television (imagine the acronym and you'll get it ), which Bender joined after he realized he'd influenced kids to steal his own stuff.

Fox cancel an Emmy-nominated show? Isn't that what their standard practice is? And yet they advertise crap like Oliver Beene to death before it ever even airs, so you're sick of it even before you realize it sucks!

(I love the way an ad for that show including the line "I just got my *** handed to me by a clown" aired during the Fox Box on Saturday morning. Way to go corrupting kids, Fox!)
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Because of the episode shifting, Fox played 3 Bender-themed eps in a row over the last 3 weeks, so I think the most recent ep that Chux described is more apt than it even intended.

Kidhuman, Futurama reruns are currently off Cartoon Network, but I believe they are bringing it back by the end of this year for more reruns - they've included it in their recent advertising along with some of their other Adult Swim shows (some of which aren't even on the air right now, but will be coming back in the Fall).

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by DewMan37
    Further proof that Fox is run by communists.
    What?
    ubi mel ibi apes

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Clint
    What?
    Shhh ... don't rile the inmates.
    plasticfetish.net

Rupert Murdoch is an Auzzie, not a Commie.

Well, tonight was the last ep, and a bittersweet parting it was indeed. It was a fairly funny ep and romantic (as much as Futurama could ever be called that, anyway ) but just left me wanting more. Oh well, that's that.

All it needed was Crushinator and Santa to be a full-on robot reunion show.

Even if it wasn't a proper final ep, nice to see the series end with a little Fry/Leela resolution.

And, as the not-so-subtle jab at Fox said, "See you on another network!"
    Tommy, close your eyes.