Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    I was reading in TV guide that cartoon network might pick this series up. They were drawing 5 million people a night according to Nielson(sp?) ratings. That was Half of what Fox was drawing. It returns to CN on Nov. 2nd. It is also on TBS at 2pm.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

It is on Cartoon Network tonight, according to listings. 11:30 instead of 11 now. I would LOVE for CN to pick it another season though, that would kick Bender's discarded crotch plate.

BTW, Santa the robot was one of the names of robots on the big wheel of robots, he was a few names before Bender. I didn't see the Crushinator there though, but nearly EVERY other bot they've ever shown besides, including a few that didn't have hands.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

yeah it was on Cartoon Network last night.
    Gambit: What's up guys? Tell me, why are you such losers?

Toad: Because the X-Men are winners. It all balances out.

Gambit to Brotherhood
    X-Men Evolution
    Season Three Episode 34

Quote Originally Posted by JarJarBinks
    If they should cancel anything, it should have been the Simpsons.
    You dare speak such blasphemy in my presence?!!

Here, let me:
    THE SIMPSONS SHOULD HAVE BEEN CANCELLED YEARS AGO TO MAKE WAY FOR QUALITY PROGRAMMING LIKE FUTURAMA, WHICH IS SUPERIOR TO THE LAST FEW SEASONS OF THE SIMPSONS IN TERMS OF COMEDY, WRITING, ENTERTAINMENT VALUE, ANIMATION, AND VOICE DIRECTION.

The choice timeslot between the simpsons and whatever garbage is on at 9pm est/pst on Fox should have been given to Futurama rather than a lazy susan of inferior television that makes money mainly by suckling at the proverbial teat that is the wasted simpsons lead-off audience. The longer The Simpsons remains on the air, the worse it seems to be getting - the current group of producers and writers are leading this show into a long, pronounced, excruciating, agonizing deathrattle that eventually will cost the series its fan base, its last shred of dignity, and a few years of syndication interest until people forget how bad the last few seasons were and foolishly tune back into those reruns. You can see a prototype for this type of colapse of a long-running, primetime, animated sitcom by witnessing The Flintstones.

...jus' tellin' it like it is.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I second that. Simpsons should have been put to rest a few years ago. But then again, Fox is known for dumping good shows (any one remember The Visitor? How about Firefly?). I think Simpsons does so well because it's become a staple show and really doesn't have any competition. Futurama should have deserved better.
    "Smeeeeee....Heeeeeee...." -- Kryten 4000

And a "foe fum" to you too, buddy! (it's funnier in either Terrence or Philip's voice)

Zoltar, Firefly has been bought by Universal and they're making it into a movie! I totally agree with you about how terrible Fox handles new series though, Firefly, Lone Gunmen, John Doe... endless list really, and then there's what they did to Family Guy.

Honestly though, as a big a fan as I am of the Simpsons (and pray nightly that new episodes air until the end of forever), I do find Futurama to be a much funnier and generally much more interesting show. I sincerely lament it's cancellation , and have always been thoroughly displeased with Fox's treatment and handling of the show.

Lately, Fox has been handing out C&Ds to Futurama fan sites even though they've abandoned the show, I think that sucks eggs. If Fox were going to keep the show going and build an official online community around it, I could sorta kinda understand (though this is a mistake too, fan sites help you, not hurt you) but this isn't that.