Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Well, I'm excited, I just saw a new episode on Comedy central of [FONT=Arial Black]FUTURAMA[/FONT]. Well it wasn't "New" but after seeing I think the first two or three seasons over and over again, it was nice to see an episode I hadn't seen before. Keep in mind I missed it while it was on FOX, because I'm usually out on Sunday when Futurama is playing.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Re: Futurama Cancelled

I was in Costco last night and they are selling the entire season 1 of Futurama, King Of The Hill, Simpsons and Family Guy for $19.99 each, plus there is a coupon on back of package for $10 off of [1.] another season 1 pack, or [2.] a 2nd season pack. Pretty good deal.

I already have Simpsons and Family Guy, so I got Futurama. I had seen the same set in Best Buy for somewhere between $30 and $40.
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

Pretty sweet deal, I gotta find someone who has a Costco card now!

BTW, Matt Groening will be hosting a week of his favorite Futurama eps on Cartoon Network starting Sunday, May 23rd.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Anyone else as disappointed as me that Fox isn't bringing back Futurama like they are Family Guy? Don't get me wrong - Family Guy is an awesome show, but I much prefer Futurama. I suppose it has more to do with how expensive Futurama must have been for them to produce (you'd think that would've been enough to convince them to try a little harder with the show in the first place!). It's strange to me - it seemed like Futurama had always got better ratings on Cartoon Network than Family Guy. Way back when they had initially dumped Futurama from Adult Swim and were only playing Family Guy I recall there being a big enough outcry from fans that they decided to bring it back even though they had only had the rights to show the first two seasons anyway and had already repeated each show about a billion times. I for one think Futurama has been one of the best shows ever to hit the small screen, and would love to see new episodes. You'd think that since X-Files ended and Fox seems to have lost it's hold on it's sunday night audience that it might be a great idea for Fox to use Family Guy and Futurama as bumpers for the Simpsons in order to shore up their ratings. Bummer!

They should bring back Futurama. It was awesome. If its good for one show, why not the other?
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I really miss Futurama, I think Fox totally dropped the ball there and nothing they could say would excuse it. Everything about that series was top-notch, and it just looked incredible too. I'm not surprised Fox didn't pick it back up though, Fox's basic attitude about Family Guy was based on the DVD sales and Futurama's just weren't as stellar. Still, I wish the production company would resume production on the show and sell it to SOMEBODY, even if it's direct DVD releases, just to get new Futurama coming.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Starting tonight on Cartoon Network, all week Matt Groening will be hosting his favorite episodes of Futurama! Don't miss it!

On the Simpsons last night they had a guy jump from a cliff after he yelled that they should have never cancelled Futurama.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

The cliff jumping guy was great! And I liked the little jab at Rupert Murdoch as well.
    "Smeeeeee....Heeeeeee...." -- Kryten 4000

Stupid Cartoon Network idiots, they pushed back the Matt Groening thing till July because they basically forgot to do marketing for it and didn't think anybody was watching.