Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Angry Futurama Cancelled

It is now official that there will not be a sixth season of Futurama!

I think it is a real shame, because it is a great show and Fox just wouldn't give it a chance.

So, will there be some big series finale or will the show just simply dissapear?
    "Giggety giggety!"

Jek Porky 2008

The people involved with the show have been laid off for awhile now, dude. All "new" episodes have just been older episodes that were never shown due to the show being preempted for the NFL (go Giants) games.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

Originally posted by Caesar
    5 years is enough of "a chance."
    It might well be, but there was a massive petition put out on the net, it was moved to Cartoon Network where it was a huge hit, and yet they still replaced it with repeats of The Simpsons and King Of The Hill, I don't really call that a fair chance!
    "Giggety giggety!"

Jek Porky 2008

That just makes me mad. The one show I really liked, the one cartoon that makes me laugh and now they are pulling it from Cartoon NitWits?

Do they at least plan on releasing all 5 seasons on DVD? I've got the first season.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Boba, don't frett. They're not pulling it from Cartoon Network, right now it's officially canceled on Fox, I think it's still gonna be shown on Cartoon Network.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

I think they do plan to release all episodes onto DVD but I think it will work out as only four seasons.

Season 3 is out in the UK on 2nd June!!
    "Giggety giggety!"

Jek Porky 2008

Originally posted by LTBasker
    Boba, don't frett. They're not pulling it from Cartoon Network, right now it's officially canceled on Fox, I think it's still gonna be shown on Cartoon Network.
    *Phew* *breathes sigh of relief*

It's one of the few shows that my son and I agree on. We went to the grocery store a little late tonight, and when we got to the car he looks at the clock and says "Dad, is that the right time? We missed Futuroma".
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Caesar, I don't think "5 years is enough of a chance" is a fair statement in this case because for most of the time the show was in first-run, it was relegated to the worst timeslot on Fox's Sunday lineup, 7pm EST/PST. The show continued to be consistantly edgy, funny, silly, and great-looking all at the same time with very few hiccups, yet Fox left it in the "maybe kids will tune in" timeslot - a timeslot which doesn't even make sense considering how adult the material often is.

Anyway, the show was canned well before the season even started, this season's 16 eps were already completed by the time Fox dropped the axe so it was cheaper to air the remaining eps.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

most of the time the show was in first-run, it was relegated to the worst timeslot on Fox's Sunday lineup,
    i totally agree. during the entire football season, i hardly ever saw futurama, as most afternoon games ran over into it's time slot. it's a shame fox is running re-runs of the simpsons and king of the hill when they could put family guy or futurama in those spots!