Talking Besides me who thinks palisades should do sesame-street figures?

Sice were getting the muppets lets not leave the sesame-street
    gang out of the loop,I know theres a lot of old sesame-street fans out there,come on whos with me
    Insert sig line of your choosing here.

I am! At least for the sake of my boy, who likes Bert and Ernie. But also for myself, who can't forget growing up with the whole SS gang. There have been some Sesame Street figures in the past few years, but, being totally devoid of any articulation, they could best be described as Sesame Street statues. Plus, you had to order a book to get one, so, needless to say, it got expensive and we didn't get 'em all.
    Postatem obscuri lateris nescitis

I'd buy Bert and Ernie for sure ! Ernie was my favorite as a kid, so I'd grab that for nostalgic reasons. As for an entire line of figures, I don't think I'd buy too many . . .

Bird Bird ? NO

Elmo ? NO

Oscar the Grouch ? Possibly

The Count ? Probably

Snuffaluf***us ? (sp?) DEFINITELY !

So . . . where can I place my Ernie and Snuffy preorder?

I was just thinking about this. And I'm really for it. I was thinking about a short run of classic figures so we don't get stuck with cute-lovey, pegwarming figures like Elmo and Zoe (whoever the hell that is). But I was thinking about...

Bert
    Ernie
    Big Bird
    The Count
    Grover (Everyone's favorite furry blue pal!)
    Oscar the Grouch (w/ slimey the worm)
    Cookie Monster! (w/ LOTS of cookie accessories!!!!)
    and Snuffaluf***us (a DELUXE figure!!)
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

How could I forget Grover and Cookie Monster ! ?

Good call Jayspawn about the classics - I believe Zoe is an orange version of Elmo, pretty much the same muppet IIRC.

Zoe was elmo's sister.Yeah Ernie was the man!
    Insert sig line of your choosing here.

i was always a fan of the count and oscar. after reading a sesame street book i became a fan of grover. in the book he was dressing himself and ended up looking like a total freak, the part that sticks out is cowboy boots and a cape.

much like the muppet figs. i'd pick and choose the ones that interested me. if they did an ernie he'd have to come with a 'rubber ducky' accessory.

Much as I'd like to see 'em too, Palisades has actually commented on several instances that it is highly unlikely that they would even be able to acquire the license. The same goes for Fraggle Rock figures, which I would be willing to sell a few of my vital organs to get along side my Muppets figures (those in need of vital organs, please note - I am only exaggerating for effect, and much as I'd like to help I quite like all my parts where there are, thank you!). Palisades have actually stated on their own website that we are far more likely to see Dark Crystal figures from them (which in itself is a pretty wicked notion!) than to ever see any Fraggles joining our Muppet favorites.

For those not in the know - the Sesame Street characters (minus guest stars Kermit and Miss Piggy) were sold off to the Childrens Television Workshop by the Henson company's previous owners, and Henson no longer has any controlling rights to the characters. Perhaps with the Henson clan back in charge they will make an attempt to buy them back (they were never happy with the selling off of their father's creations, though it seems highly doubtful they would have the available funds at present to make a move even if they were willing to try and take Sesame Street back )

RooJay is right on, here is what Muppet Central has to say:

Will the line be expanded to include Sesame Street?

Sesame Street is no longer owned by The Jim Henson Company. Therefore it is not included in our license. There are no immediate plans to explore the possibility, as the license is much more of a kid's property, which would make this type of figures we are doing for Muppets a difficult thing to do for Sesame because of the age grading that would be required. It's always a possibility, it just is not likely.

While not as cool as Palisades would be there are Sesame Street Kubricks which just hit the market...

Big Bird
    Ernie
    Count
    Grover
    Little Bird
    Tiddlebug (chase)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...0&category=348