Question Two Apprentices?

Being Sneaky and Underhanded as Sith are what would stop a Sith lord having two apprentices without them being aware of each other or on the same lines as an apprentice taking on an apprentice...was Dooku an apprentice of Sidious all along even when Maul was still alive?
    It's all fun and games 'til somebody loses an eye.

Sorry that was a drunken, stayed up too late post after re-reading it i'm confused myself.......
    It's all fun and games 'til somebody loses an eye.

Originally posted by Jek Porky 2001
    What the f**k are you on about
    Whether you felt this post made sense or not Jek Porky, you could have asked Darth Trasko for clarification regarding his topic without being rude.

Actually, I understand your question Darth Trasko. I think Palpatine might have had his eye on Dooku as a potential apprentice even before he lost Maul to Kenobi, but I doubt that he had them both at the same time hence Yoda's comment from TPM "Always 2 there are....no more....no less....a Master, and an Apprentice".
    Last edited by Jedi Clint; 11-18-2001 at 05:39 PM.
    ubi mel ibi apes

Originally posted by Jedi Clint
    I think Palpatine might have had his eye on Dooku as a potential apprentice even before he lost Maul to Kenobi, but I doubt that he had them both at the same time hence Yoda's comment from TPM "Always 2 there are....no more....no less....a Master, and an Apprentice".
    I agree that Palpatine had his eye on Dooku before Darth Maul was split but Palpatine didn't move on Count Dooku till the events between Episode I and Episode II...
    The Force is strong with this one.

Of course, that's my opinion I could be wrong.

He had ten years to find a replacement...

I think there might be some word trickery here. Always 2, master and apprentice I think mean together at the same time. I don't think it means there can only be 2 sith existing ever simulanteously. What if someone else wanted to go bad and there were already 2? Would he have to wait? Would he have to stay "good" until something opened up? There are presumably a huge number of people in the galaxy, how long is that waiting list to go "bad"? Would I be completely forbidden to do anything "bad" until I was in the club? Would I have to categorize myself as "good but willing to be bad if something better comes along?"
    And this Lord Tyranus stuff....good timing on his part. If he wanted to go to the dark side of the force a few years earlier and there wasn't an opening for a sith apprentice, maybe he would have stayed good and EII would be without a dark lord.
    And what do you call the fallen Jedi? Are they just "normal folks" again or just not a "practiceing Jedi knight"? (I agree they don't have to be evil.)

Originally posted by INDIANA
    I think there might be some word trickery here. Always 2, master and apprentice I think mean together at the same time. I don't think it means there can only be 2 sith existing ever simulanteously. What if someone else wanted to go bad and there were already 2? Would he have to wait? Would he have to stay "good" until something opened up? There are presumably a huge number of people in the galaxy, how long is that waiting list to go "bad"? Would I be completely forbidden to do anything "bad" until I was in the club? Would I have to categorize myself as "good but willing to be bad if something better comes along?"
    And this Lord Tyranus stuff....good timing on his part. If he wanted to go to the dark side of the force a few years earlier and there wasn't an opening for a sith apprentice, maybe he would have stayed good and EII would be without a dark lord.
    And what do you call the fallen Jedi? Are they just "normal folks" again or just not a "practiceing Jedi knight"? (I agree they don't have to be evil.)
    'Always two there are, a master and an apprentice, no more, no less.' This line does have a lot of holes in it. I think that it means that; no more than two Sith's can work together (the master and apprentice) but that doesn't mean their can't be more than one team, working without the knowledge of each other. Of course, we don't know when Count Dooku leaves the Light and becomes a Sith (guess we'll have to read about it in UE).
    The Force is strong with this one.

Of course, that's my opinion I could be wrong.