Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Jake Lloyd singing Eminem, or "Where do I put this?"

Ok, anyone yet catch the Apple commercial with what is obviously a now-14 year old Jake Lloyd singing the "I'm the Slim Shady" song? Comments? Questions? Obvious Observations? Allusions to Jobs He Can't Get?
    Postatem obscuri lateris nescitis

Is that who that is? I'm going to have to look at that commercial again.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

I'll be damned !

I saw it today for the first time and I didn't know it was little Jakey . . .

What's funnier is the belief by Apple that they will actually get people to pay a dollar per song.

Isn't that song a little above his level though? Fortunately I haven't seen the commercial, hope I never will.

Apple can be better than Windows, but then they go and pull dumb stuff like this.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Ummmmmmm...didn't over a MILLION songs get purchased for 99 cent in the first week ALONE by the slim percentage of people with Macs??? Invest in Apple now while you can, because they are helping to change the face of music distribution.
    "Whatever you do, take care of your shoes."

I have no idea.
    Its just that most of the burnouts I've heard over the past few years who ramble on and on and on and on about the beauty of free downloads while practically crucifying people in the business (like Metallica) for complaining about free music . . . well isn't the whole idea to get the songs for free ? Why are they paying for it now?

http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2003...usicstore.html

It's relatively cheap, incredibly easy, and LEGAL. Remember when 7-inch singles were the way to get a song you liked? How much was it? I remember 99 cents. Of course, you also got a B-side, but let's chalk that up to inflation.

In all seriousness, Apple is going to make a lot of money between this technology and the iPod.
    "Whatever you do, take care of your shoes."

yeah, for some songs, it's all about how much it's worth to you. you could search for it on limewire and such, but not find it. what if you could get it for .99 on iTunes? the reason why free downloads were huge was that cd's were GROSSLY overpriced, so the general public will (as scott mccloud puts it) "correct that pricing to their liking..."

http://scottmccloud.com/comics/icst/icst-5/icst-5.html

it really wasn't about FREE music, it was about AFFORDABLE music. to me, anyway. if cd's dropped to $7, i'd be all over that. i buy many dvd's, even though you can get the movies online. the fact is, you get a lot more on a dvd for your buck than you do on a cd. it's just implied value. if i got more for my money on a cd, or paid less money for what i got, that would be great.
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

Are you sure that's Jake Lloyd? It doesn't look like him enough to convince me that it is our little Jedi.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

Originally posted by Exhaust Port
    Are you sure that's Jake Lloyd? It doesn't look like him enough to convince me that it is our little Jedi.
    Pretty sure. And it does too look like him, it DOES TOO!
    Postatem obscuri lateris nescitis