Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Jax
    surfer wins only until played by vin diesel. then he must perish.

and the android with low self-esteem from hitchhiker was marvin.
    Damn, you beat me to the Vin Diesel comment!! Curses!!

I would have to say i would need to see the specs on Optimus before this fight. If he would've had an oil change, tune up and some maintenance on him, it would be a tough match for Silver Surfer. Though, i think Silver Surfer would win this one.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

I was thinking today about the upcoming JLA/Avengers series, and got to thinking about possible match-ups we could see in this. So if El Chuxter doesn't mind, I'd propose the next match up to be

Batman vs. Captain America

I'm still thinking about this one for now.
    The website

The Wookie has no pants!

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by gsr-jedi
    I was thinking today about the upcoming JLA/Avengers series, and got to thinking about possible match-ups we could see in this. So if El Chuxter doesn't mind, I'd propose the next match up to be

Batman vs. Captain America

I'm still thinking about this one for now.
    I think this match-up is much closer than the previous ones.
    * Fighting skills: about the same. Problem; Cap fights fairly, so slight edge goes to Bats.
    * Accessories: Cap has his shield. Bats has Lots O' Stuff. Edge goes to Bats.
    * Costume: sorry, no contest. Edge to Bats, unless it's the black leather movie costume.
    * Sidekick: Bats has killed off/disillusioned too many Robins with his aloofness, so Bucky's honorable demise gives Cap the edge.
    * Secret identity: what DID Steve Rogers do again? Millionaire playboy philantropist is a hard title to recite, but Bruce Wayne is the difference.

So, final total: Captain America wins! How? The votes were counted in... in... binary code. (Thought I'd say some infamous state, eh?)
    Seriously, I think Cap has an honorable streak and fights not out of personal vengence, so his calmness wins the day.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

I'd have to give this one to Bats. I think he's a much better fighter and w/ his accessory belt alone, he could do numerous things to Captain America and not even have to break a sweat. If he did though, he would just regulate the Captain.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

I think I gotta give the edge to Batman on this one. I think Bats fighting abilities, are greater than the Cap, Capt. America is stronger and faster. I think Batman's edge comes from the fact that he is more willing to fight dirty compared to Captain America, and all his gadgets are his greatest asset.
    The website

The Wookie has no pants!

Cap wins, provided no gadgets enter the fray. Hard to say all suited up.

We are, after all, talking about one well trained, very strong REGULAR man vs. an augmented man (via Super Soldier Serum). Superpowers win, people - same as ninjas lose. It's the comic book way.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

Batman all the way. Captain America is just a punk. Sure, he has super strength, but Bats has taken down many that are stronger (Bane, Killer Croc, Solomon Grundy, etc).

And as we all know from the theme song:
    When Captain America swings his mighty shield
    All those who chose to oppose his shield must yield!

However, Bruce wouldn't choose to oppose Cap's shield. He'd just choose to put the smackdown on Captain America.

Cap is such a punk, I can never think of him speaking in any voice other than Patrick Warburton's.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    Captain America is just a punk. Sure, he has super strength, but [blah, blah, blah]

And as we all know from the theme song:
    When Captain America swings his mighty shield
    All those who chose to oppose his shield must yield!

However, Bruce wouldn't choose to oppose Cap's shield. He'd just choose to put the smackdown on Captain America.

Cap is such a punk, I can never think of him speaking in any voice other than Patrick Warburton's.
    I think you're thinking of US Agent, Chuxter. He was a punk, especially as the "new" Cap. I always imaged Robert Redford's voice as Cap's. Besides, Patrick's already a superhero: The Tank. (Wha-?! He's not The Tank? Who then? The Brick? The Tic-Tac? The Trick? Whatever... ) I thought this was an ultimate geekfest, not a COMPLETELY RUIN AN HONEST PERSON'S REPUTATION AND LIVELIHOOD WITH SENSELESS AND VICIOUS PERSONAL ATTACKSfest...
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    I think Bruce Wayne has more internal motivation to beat up on anybody he comes across. He watched his parents die in front of him and then CHOSE to train his mind and body for YEARS and YEARS in order to exact vengeance.

Steve Rogers, on the other hand...

"Hey Steve. Do you hate Nazis?"

"Boy, I sure do! Who doesn't?"

"Well, then drink this..."

Where's his motivation 50 years later?

Batman can just tear Steve a new over and over and over.
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

Here's one Wizard said would happen:

Superman vs. Thor.

I got to go with Supes on this one, the super speed would be his biggest advantage.
    The website

The Wookie has no pants!