Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Smile Comic character showdown: The ultimate geekfest!

Inspired by the "Neo vs Luke Skywalker" thread, here's a place for us to discuss and debate which character could whoop which other character.

I'd suggest using real knowledge of the characters, and not references to the lousy "Marvel vs DC" mini-series from a few years ago. We all know that was a popularity contest. Wolverine beating Lobo? Puh-leeze! I like Wolvie as much as the next guy, but Lobo would mop the floor with him easily.

How about each "battle" lasts a week or so?

First of all, I will throw out this rather interesting match-up:

Spider-Man vs. Batman

My thoughts on this are that it would definitely be an interesting fight to watch. Spider-Man has super powers, whereas Batman has none. Spider-Man has been at the game for a few years (I'm guessing 6-8 comic book time), picking up all his skills during that time. Batman has been superheroing as such for 11-12 years now (according to official info from DC) and prior to that trained, in a variety of disciplines, relentlessly to reach human perfection. Spider-Man is a scientific genius but not a great tactician; Batman is nearly Spidey's equal in scientific knowledge, but a far better tactician. Though neither would kill, Batman is more likely to fight dirty when necessary. . . however, either one would immediately put himself in harm's way if it meant saving an innocent life.

I'd say this would be a long, drawn-out battle, but I'm going to have to go with brains on this one. Spidey definitely has Bats outclassed in raw brawn, but Batman's training include using an opponent's strength against him, leaving them on more equal footing. So, IMHO, Batman would win, but not easily.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

i'd go with bats. both use accessories (batman his utility belt with endless gizmos and spidey his web fluid). batman's arsenal of tools and toys should keep him relatively web free until spidey's out of juice. then it'd just be hunting the wall-crawler down.

batman has the technical skills edge over spidey. about equal with scientific knowledge (being able to use the tools/items in any battleground). spidey has the strength edge but batman has taken on plenty of ultra-strong foes and triumphed (although bane did manage to take the bat out). agree with EC that spidey's sense of right and wrong might temper the way he fights, while batman is more willing to bend those 'rules' to come out on top. i've never really been a big spidey fan, but bruce is cool.

I think that spiderman would destroy batman. I mean all Batman is, is a guy in a *** costum with a cape, acseories, and a little side kick.

Spiderman on the other hand is a real super heo. I mean, he has the ability to create webs, he's got a cool costum, and can kick butt on his own, without the help of a side kick.

Thats just my little oppinion, so don't anyone get all harsh on me. you can ell i'm more of a marvel guy. I'm not a big fan of DC.
    Last edited by El Chuxter; 05-21-2003 at 12:34 PM.
    Gambit: What's up guys? Tell me, why are you such losers?

Toad: Because the X-Men are winners. It all balances out.

Gambit to Brotherhood
    X-Men Evolution
    Season Three Episode 34

Thank you Mr AT-AT! Spidey would kick Bat-rear-end! In fact Spidey would probably be smart enough to avouid fighting. Don't forget that Spidey fought Firelord, who had the Power Cosmic, and was able to stop him. There are lpenty of others that Spidey's fought and won against. No contest.

I'm a bit of a MArvelite also, w/ less respect for DC characters.

I could see a different match up for Bats: Bats vs Punisher. I think it would be cool to see how Bats would've handled the original Hobgoblin.
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

Bats vs Daredevil has always had me interested. I don't think it's fair to pair up Spidey with Bats, even though Batman has all the ammo you say at his disposal, Spidey can leap like 30 feet in the air, lift a car, move faster than fast, is warned when danger is nearby.... I don't think Batman could hang in there. Bats would have to ambush him by getting the Spidey sense to go off on something entirely different (grenade or boomerang) and then blindside him with knockout gas or something. Not that Bat's couldn't do that, but Spidey's real tough to hit, and never gives up.

Spidey it is.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    Spiderman. He can spin a web, any size and catch bad guys, just like flies. Oh, but he can't "create" webs as AT-AT man believes. When he was sixteen he created a super complex bonding compound in his bedroom that 3M would kill for, but didn't sell it and make billions. Instead he puts it in little cartridges on his wrists and shoots "webbing". Only in the Movie (and Cartoon, and maybe Ultimate Spidey) can he produce it himself.

What can Bats do? NaNaNaNaNaNaNaNaNaNaNaNaNaNaNaNaNaNaNaNaNaNaNaNa
    NaNaNaNaNaNaNaNaNaNaNaNaNaNaNaNaNaNaNaNaNaNaNaNa
    NaNaNaNaNaNaNaNaNaNaNaNaNaNaNaNaNaNaNaNaNaNaNaNa

And maybe Batdance.

Alfred would put the moves on Aunt May with his english charm and wit and sophistication and she'd be putty in his hands.

Mary Jane would answer the door in a skimpy shear robe that would accidentally fall open when she bent down. Robin would stand there dumbstruck with drool on his face. Then MJ could do anything she wanted to the little ankle biter. Hit him on the head with a brick or give him milk and cookies. Whatever.

But Spiderman with his super human strength, speed and skill, along with his staggering intellect and spidey sense, would eventually realize how serious an opponent the Dark Knight was and get down to business. After that it's adios Caped Crusader.
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

I think Mary Jane vs Robin is a more interesting match-up, EP, and you nailed it on the head.

AT-AT Man, you shouldn't say mean things about Robin. Really really cool X-Men don't rip off the costumes of mediocre heroes.

I also remind everyone that Batman has held his own against foes like Bane and Solomon Grundy, both of which are probably Spidey's equals in strength. But you're right, Spidey is definitely more agile, so whoever wins, it'd be one heckuva showdown.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Batman would definately win. It is common knowledge that Batman carries Bat Shark Repelant, I'm sure he also carries some sort of insecticide that will finish off Spidey. A spider web of any size can't stop that.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    Well, Bane (thanks to the Venom serum) is only as strong as humanly possible, if you were maxed out on adrenaline and whatnot. Spidey can lift traincars. We're talking pounds vs TONS. Spidey could flick his finger and cave Batty's skull in.

So Spider-Man. Duh.
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

I asked the guys at the comic store today b/c I couldn't believe the first couple of posts. Well, w/out hesitation, they all say Bats would beat Spidey's butt! And for pertty much the same reason you guys said!

Needless to say, I cancelled all my subscriptions there and will find another store to spend my moiney in. :P
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars