Hello, I'm a Star Wars Collector....

I got asked this in a PM - so I thought...what the hay..maybe this is a good way for us Canucks to introduce us to each other.....

Anyways...My handle is pegger, and I'm a Star Wars collector.

I started collecting in 1995, when the steriod versions first came out. Back then, when I was in university and had no bills (except for school) I collected everything I could get my hands onto....

Star Wars
    Action Fleet
    Micro- Machines
    Star Trek
    DS-9
    Transformers.

Now, being much older, and more jaded....and married with child on the way, I am being more discriminating in my purchases.

I collect 3 3/4 inch figures, and same scale vehicles that are movie related only. (No EU, no silver figs) I don't collect variations, nor re-issues. I also free all my Star Wars purchases from their plastic prisons.

I think the change in my completionist phase came for 2 reasons. 1st was when I couldn't get any of the Expanded Universe figs in '98. 2nd was this year, with the re-issue of the "older" figs, and the A-Wing and Tie Fighter. (These 2 are killing me because the A-Wing has a "new" fig, and the TIE fighter is slightly improved. Probably will get them on clearance).

I no longer collect Star Trek stuff. Transformers I stopped collecting when Beast Wars came out. I am now collecting only the re-issues of the 1984 line.

Used to be from Winnipeg (hence my handle) but am now in Cambridge, ON. I'm a Sens fan (and a Coyote hater. - Stupid city stole my beloved Jets)

How about you?

jjreason's the name, comic books and star wars are the games. Married 8 yrs to Jodi, 2 kids produced, one girl, then one boy.
    Defender of the free people of Nanaimo from light breakers, speeding erratic drivers and suspicious persons and vehicles. Im all about D Rock, hoping the Pistons can overcome those pesky Nets, hoping that I can forget my Red Wings disappointment of this playoff year, hoping the Tigers will get to 20 wins by the All Star Break.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

Mabudon- name's Carl, 30 yr old, (sadly) factory worker, making instant-win tickets for Bazaar and Novelty (no novelties in the whole place, dammit), expert miniature painter, Gundam modeler of some ability, proud wearer of long hair and banger of the Metal Head, I live with my beautiful girlfriend Ange (Jedielf here, all 6 posts worth, including a rather daring one in "is mace a bad guy", EPIII "spoilers" section), gardener, cyclist for life (except that now my ride got ripped off and is awaiting replacement) and also creator, manager and mentor to the action figure rock band STANSE

Oh, and the most Lanny place in the universe is across the street, pics coming probably 2 weeks from now
    Something about him reminds me of my older brother, Rex.

evil j - (version 1970) ...Former rock-star wanna be, collect star wars, superheroes and comics.
    Sell toys at Toy shows in the Toronto area to finance addiction to plastic. Working on opening my own store next year.
    2 kids (daughter - soon to be 4 yrs old and a brand new baby boy, turned 10 today...days that is).

Hey there.
    Occasional poster - been hanging around here since '95

Oddly enough Pegger - your story and mine are similar - but I was in University from 97 on, and recently decided only to pick up certain figs.
    I also used to live in Cambridge.

STANSE Rocks!
    Charles Barkley:
    That's cold Obi-Wan