If you've never gone to a ComicCon before, you'd think that 60$ for 2 days is a rip-off. But cases in point:
- The Masquerade. Costume contest galore. Excellent!
- Chances for autographs. Lots of LOTS of people from films, comics, behind-the-scenes, etc.
- Seeing people. It's huge. There's megatons of people from all over.
- San Diego's a great city. Good climate, nice streets, good food.
- Things to buy. My goodness gracious. If it's not there, wait a few minutes.
- Things for free. Give-aways; some you want, some you need, some you question, but you never refuse.
- Panel discussions. Meet famous people, from 65 rows away! See previously-unreleased stuff, and exclusive ones, too.
Give it a try. I've gone twice, and I'm trying for thrice this year.