Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Sdcc??

A buddy of mine has Stormtrooper armor and a Boba Fett costume and he wore them to a few events, but said they were very hot and people were damaging the armor by bumping into it with solid objects or mishandling it. I can't imagine going to a big con in this sort of thing.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    A buddy of mine has Stormtrooper armor and a Boba Fett costume and he wore them to a few events, but said they were very hot and people were damaging the armor by bumping into it with solid objects or mishandling it. I can't imagine going to a big con in this sort of thing.
    It is very hot to wear for any period of time. That's why Halloween worked out. Christmas might even be better but I can't see myself opening presents looking like a Bikerscout.

sweet idea!! around how much was the costume?

Quote Originally Posted by Brainiak76
    sweet idea!! around how much was the costume?

Alot......

Funny, I can't imagine not opening xmas presents that way.

While I can't speak for Stilla since I don't know the answer, my buddy paid like $700 for the Stormtrooper armor and $1200 or maybe a bit more for the Fett armor with accessories. This stuff ain't cheap, and I can't imagine it got any cheaper when LFL cracked down on the sellers recently.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.