Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Sdcc??

A buddy of mine has Stormtrooper armor and a Boba Fett costume and he wore them to a few events, but said they were very hot and people were damaging the armor by bumping into it with solid objects or mishandling it. I can't imagine going to a big con in this sort of thing.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    A buddy of mine has Stormtrooper armor and a Boba Fett costume and he wore them to a few events, but said they were very hot and people were damaging the armor by bumping into it with solid objects or mishandling it. I can't imagine going to a big con in this sort of thing.
    It is very hot to wear for any period of time. That's why Halloween worked out. Christmas might even be better but I can't see myself opening presents looking like a Bikerscout.

sweet idea!! around how much was the costume?

Quote Originally Posted by Brainiak76
    sweet idea!! around how much was the costume?

Alot......

Funny, I can't imagine not opening xmas presents that way.

While I can't speak for Stilla since I don't know the answer, my buddy paid like $700 for the Stormtrooper armor and $1200 or maybe a bit more for the Fett armor with accessories. This stuff ain't cheap, and I can't imagine it got any cheaper when LFL cracked down on the sellers recently.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.