Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sdcc??

Hybrid View

Sdcc??

Just wanted to see if anyone here is going to the San Diego Comic Con??

and also does anyone know if the silver fett is two per person per day or two per person ONLY???

THANX!

Re: Sdcc??

Originally posted by Brainiak76
    Just wanted to see if anyone here is going to the San Diego Comic Con??

and also does anyone know if the silver fett is two per person per day or two per person ONLY???

THANX!
    I'd like to try, work schedule permitting. What are the dates again? Directions? Is there an official website or anything? Is the info listed on SSG anywhere? Thanks!

www.comic-con.org/Pages/CCIRegistration.html

jul 17-20

are you in Nor or So cal stilla?
    LA. Thanks for the link!

$60 bucks! Just to get in!?! What a crock o' bantha pudu. The only reason I wanted to go was for the Boba Fett, if they were even offering it there. I'm better off playing the odds and trying to get one from the Fan Club or Ebay later on. What in tarnation could be worth paying $60 bucks for anyway? The chance to buy more overpriced merchandise?

yeah but whats worse if you buy now its 60 for 4 dyas! but if your not sure and wait till the day of i the show ts 60 FOR THAT DAY ONLY!! that bantha pudu!!

i heard it was 2 per..but now 1 per..i hope not!!

look at it like this if you buy ur tix now pay 60..and are able to get two silver fetts then you can sell the second for at least 60 and get your entrance fee back! i dunno just an idea...

yeah but whats worse if you buy now its 60 for 4 dyas! but if your not sure and wait till the day of i the show ts 60 FOR THAT DAY ONLY!! that bantha pudu!!

i heard it was 2 per..but now 1 per..i hope not!!

look at it like this if you buy ur tix now pay 60..and are able to get two silver fetts then you can sell the second for at least 60 and get your entrance fee back! i dunno just an idea...
    I suppose that is capitalism at its worst (or finest, depending upon how you look at it), but I was against that with the Sacul fiasco after C3 and I'm equally against it for this event. I suppose if I sold a second one for exactly what it cost me to get it (half the registration fee + the cost of one figure) then maybe I could justify it. But I know I wouldn't feel right making some kind of profit on it as if I were one of those scuzball no-life scalpers. Yuchh!

im not saying go out and put a starting price of $300..just start it at 10 and im sure youll get your money back esp if its right after the conv! Its not scalping its being smart! scalping would be that guying selling 100 fetts!

im not saying go out and put a starting price of $300..just start it at 10 and im sure youll get your money back esp if its right after the conv! Its not scalping its being smart! scalping would be that guying selling 100 fetts!
    I disagree. Scalping is the purchase of something that I have no intention of keeping for myself in the first place with the express intent to resell for a higher price at a later date. Buying that one extra takes that one item out of "retail price" circulation and puts it into the secondary market where there are no fair pricing rules. As happened at C3, someone who actually attends the event may not get a fair chance to purchase the item at the stated "retail" price. If you get a thousand "collectors" each buying that one extra Boba Fett just so they can make their money back on the ticket, that takes a thousand Fett's off the officially priced retail market. So a different thousand collectors now have to pay inflated prices instead of having a fair shot at paying what that first group did. Bottom line is that it's nothing more than opportunism at its purist. Of course, it's up to each individual to determine how much it effects their own sense of right and wrong. For me, I couldn't do it and feel good about it. But that's just me.

good point! but i guess thats you! thats a lil to much for me but i would be pretty ****** if i was that last person not to get one cause everyone b4 me bought two! i dunno! it was just a sugg seing how you were like...man the admission is a rip!