Are kids even buying Star Wars anymore?

I haven't seen a child in a store begging for a Star Wars toy in a while. It seems the collectors are the only ones moving these figures.

I think most Star Wars toys get bought by older collectors, but some kids buy them, too.

The force is strong in my family. All my nieces & nephews ask for/buy SW stuff. Well, all the pre-teen kids do. My son is really into it. And my daughter, while only just over a year old, is really into the electronic lightsabers & 12" Padme dolls from EP I.

My stepson is always asking for me to buy him some new figures. He is in to SW alot. He is even tired of the pegwarmers that we always see. Maybe when the newer figures start hitting the stores we will see more kids buying them as well.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

My nephews love it all but their mum doesn't allow them to collect any more. I've only seen one father and son buying star wars in a six month period. And that was all the clearanced stuff from last year. Superheroes seem to be the thing calling out to kids these days. And LOTR. And Harry Potter. Although again, that's mostly snapped up by adults. Judging by the ones i encountered in TRU the other day anyone who calls us star wars fans nerds had better look over their shoulder at the LOTR collectors. Man i felt sorry for those guys. Just shambling around like lost souls waiting for the slaughter. Meek shapeless and ineffectual. At least star wars collectors always seem quite strong and purposeful. Not to diss all LOTR collectors because I'm one too. But these guys were just creepy nerdy.
    Sorry to ramble off topic.

There's nothing to buy out there, besides Star Wars is so yesterday for kids.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

My nephews love it all but their mum doesn't allow them to collect any more.
    Your Uncle wanted you to have these when you were old enough. But your mother wouldn't allow it. She feared you might go off and follow Emperor Jargo on some damned fool idealistic collecting mission.

hehehe, I couldn't resist.

But seriously, I have seen kids buying, asking for, and fawning over Star Wars figures, though much less so than adult collectors.

My nephew is kinda into SW, though he is also into DBZ and those card collecting games.

For me it was Transformers and GI Joe that took my interest after the vintage Star Wars line, I was also into LEGO and Construx.
    May the force be with you.

Originally posted by sith_killer_99

For me it was Transformers and GI Joe that took my interest after the vintage Star Wars line, I was also into LEGO and Construx.
    Dude your room must have looks just as mine did back in the day. Those were the only lines I played with. I sold all my Trans, and GI-Joes, but still have all my Legos. After the SW line dies I'm going to start up a vintage 3.75" carded Joe collection. I went into a local hobby store arond here and saw some carded Joes that I remember opening, man they were cool.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
    At least star wars collectors always seem quite strong and purposeful.
    I just happen to have the strength of ten men, but I do not own a dolphin.
    plasticfetish.net

I havent seen a kid so much as glance by the small SW display in awhile.Not to say there are not any out there..I just havent seen them.
    Treat your stepmother with respect Pantera, or you'll be sleeping in the streets!!