Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thumbs up Happy 26th to the Spectacular Film that started it all!

So long ago, but the genuine undeniable quality of Star Wars Episode IV is evidenced by its staying power after all these years. Its timeless and universal tale remains just as fresh today as it was to audiences 26 years ago.

I was reminded of this date this morning while watching CBS Sunday Morning. Not just a casual mention, but they actually spent a couple of minutes running through the old films with just a brief mention of the new ones to show that it's still going. Complete with great old footgage of 1976 audiences standing in line.

I also realized that 26 years ago, I was the exact age as my own son is now. Man, does that make me feel old.

26 years? Wow, that's really long ago. Put your self in your shoes as a youngster seeing ANH and having your parents talking about this great movie they loved from 26 years prior. Not too many movies from 1951 would have interested me. ANH has become a timeless classic.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

Happy Birthday Star Wars .

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

And Happy 20th Birthday to Return of the Jedi. Not a single mention anywhere. Poor Ewoks.
    "Three goofballs and a guy in a monkey suit."

What????? No special super duper theatrical edition of ANH for this its illustrious 26th anniversary?????

No, they're saving that for the 27th.

Well the Archival Editions will be out for it's 29th Anniversary !

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

Ahh, I remember the first time I saw Star Wars..........wait, no I don't, that was a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...

Happy 26th Birthday to you, and Happy 38th birthday to me as of May 23rd. I liked having my birthday the same month that a Star Wars film came out! It meant that I was always going to be able to see it at least once as a present!
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Maybe one of you guys knows, but did the Star Wars novelization come out the Christmas prior to the film's release? I remember getting it for Christmas, but I'm also pretty sure that it was the very first Star Wars thing I ever got.

That brings up a good question Stillakid, what was the first thing SW that you got as a kid. I'll have to ask my parents for help on that one. I remember having a book, a couple figures and a small dicast ship pretty early on but I don't know what I got first.