Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Cantina Deluxe....Cancelled or not?

So, is there an official word on the second round of Cantina Sets? Are these cancelled, as the rumor mill says or is it just that...a rumor? I know for a FACT that at least that preying mantis guy (Kit something) exists in the real world. How many were made? How many released to advance super lucky collectors? Who knows. But since at least that one made it this far, I don't understand why Hasbro wouldn't at least offer it as a Fan Club pre-order.

So, what's the word, if any? Thanks.

The "official" word, as I recall, is that they are not set for a 2003 release. As for 2004, Hasbro says that they don't comment on 2004 releases. I think this set is dead in the water. As poorly as the first set sold, it's kinda amazing they decided on a second set in the first place. I haven't seen any numbers for the actual sales, but you STILL can't walk into a Wal-Mart without seeing 500 of those suckers.

I think that majorly sucks as I was excited about this wave. Hell, I was excited about the first wave and bought a couple of each. And to think I passed up on a set of these offa eBay for about 20 bucks each.....

J

They should of put the second wave out first. I think it would have sold alot better then Greedo and co. But hey, thats Hasbackwards for you.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I heard from a little bird that the sets are all carded up and sitting in a warehouse waiting for a buyer since WM pulled out. This just doesn't make sense. Why would Hasbro just be sitting on them? They are just losing money as we read these posts. I would think they would offer the sets to the Fan Club like above or an online store like EE.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Hasbro woudnt have had this problem if they had given the cantina sets new aliens. Nobody wants another Greedo. The green mantis guy was the only one that interested me of the six. I really feel that if they had included Dannik (the guy with the pipe) or some other new character the cantina sets would have sold. The only figure in the second wave that anybody is talking about is the mantis guy. You dont see any post about wanting wuher and dr. evazan.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

I don't have Wuher and Dr. Evazan so I wanted them...!
    Yuuzhan Vong Figure Petition

The Otters are attacking the Crab party!

Originally posted by JangoFart
    The "official" word, as I recall, is that they are not set for a 2003 release. As for 2004, Hasbro says that they don't comment on 2004 releases. I think this set is dead in the water. As poorly as the first set sold, it's kinda amazing they decided on a second set in the first place. I haven't seen any numbers for the actual sales, but you STILL can't walk into a Wal-Mart without seeing 500 of those suckers.

I think that majorly sucks as I was excited about this wave. Hell, I was excited about the first wave and bought a couple of each. And to think I passed up on a set of these offa eBay for about 20 bucks each.....

J
    Apparently Hasbro dropped all of those into your local Walmart. In the whole time that they supposedly were in general release, I only saw 2 of the original sets on a peg...and that was near the end of the run. Clearly, around here anyway, they either didn't ever have very many or they did have a ton and they sold like hotcakes. Where this ridiculous notion that they didn't sell well came from I'll never know, but I'm certain that it didn't come from these parts.

But more to the point, we KNOW that they've already created these things, at least the molds, the packaging, and at least a few for release. What would be the harm in "direct sales" through the fanclub if no retailer is interested in touching them?

By the way, could a moderator please move this to "Dear Hasbro"? Thanks.

We still have tons of these things hanging around warming pegs, as do many others from reading the Just Found Section. I am sorry to hear that you had such a hard time finding these stillakid. Especially considering how many of these are still hanging around out here. Unfortunatly, all the cards/bubbles are beat to ...!

Anyway, yes, we know these are out and about, Brian's has/had all of these up for sale not to long ago (presell). Though I'm not sure if they still have 'em.
    May the force be with you.

Today there are only 10 still there at 3 dollars along with all the force flippers.....
    Yuuzhan Vong Figure Petition

The Otters are attacking the Crab party!

Originally posted by stillakid
    Apparently Hasbro dropped all of those into your local Walmart. In the whole time that they supposedly were in general release, I only saw 2 of the original sets on a peg...and that was near the end of the run. Clearly, around here anyway, they either didn't ever have very many or they did have a ton and they sold like hotcakes. Where this ridiculous notion that they didn't sell well came from I'll never know, but I'm certain that it didn't come from these parts.

But more to the point, we KNOW that they've already created these things, at least the molds, the packaging, and at least a few for release. What would be the harm in "direct sales" through the fanclub if no retailer is interested in touching them?

By the way, could a moderator please move this to "Dear Hasbro"? Thanks.
    The "ridiculous notion" did not come from me stumbling into one Wal-Mart here in nowhere Oklahoma. I travel from OK to MS twice per month. There are TONS of Wal-Marts along the way and EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEM is littered with these suckers. They are, and have been, on clearance for about 4 bucks and they are STILL not moving.

I'm no economists, but that is not indicative of stellar sales to me. Hotcakes must be selling poorly around your parts....

J