Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

New expenses - I hate not being able to afford action figures for a few months!

I have to spend about $1,350 for all my financial licenses and real estate licenses (with health insurance classes) etc. right now.

Employment in government planning is on full hold because of my city's budget crisis. Meanwhile, as I'm studying, I'm not as active pursuing private consulting contracts in my other business.

But the commissions in my securities firm are so lucrative, that I'll make back my $1300 almost immediately.

But meanwhile, I'm passing chances to spend $100 bucks here and there on Star Wars.

I wanted to drop a Ben Franklin over at KebCo and come up with:

Jango Kamino Deluxe
    Obi-Wan Kamino Deluxe x 3 or so...
    the Super Battle Droid maker
    a couple Spider Droids

and so forth.

Plus I guess the 12" Lando Skiff Guard is shipping now, and boy have I wanted a couple figures of him for a while now!

And I'm about 6 Aayla Securas behind!

Anyone else have to make sacrafices now and worry that you won't be able to find the figures that ARE actually available now, when you go looking for them later?

I mean my income will be that much better when I'm done with my professional licensing, but I might have to turn to Brian's Toys or e-Bay or worse. I hate doing that.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Re: New expenses - I hate not being able to afford action figures for a few months!

Originally posted by Tycho
    I have to spend about $1,350 for all my financial licenses and real estate licenses (with health insurance classes) etc. right now.

I hear ya man. I just got licensed for Life, annuities and health insurance. Ispent about 400 dollars between classes and two tests. The best thing was that the company gave a 400 dollar bonus when you start working with them. It took a wehile but I am finally working with them for the last three weeks. I went out on Sssaturday and looked but found nothing. I bought a MOC ESB imperial commander instead on Ebay. Commisions will be good to us. Good luck in your job and happy hunting. BTW if anyone lives in Va and needs insurance, just PM me and we can talk about it.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

As a freelancer, I'm always in a state of "crisis." Either I'm working and saving for those "days off," or I have "days off" and shouldn't be spending money.

The way I figure it, I can buy what I want when it is cheapest regardless of how much liquid cash I have available for it. Even if I have to use credit, it will still be cheaper in the long run to pay a month of interest (if need be) than paying the secondary market mark-up.

Besides, I have this irrational fear that if I don't get things immediately, then I might never have the chance, save for paying some outrageous price to a scalper later on. Any interest due is worth the savings in angst that I might feel.

Originally posted by stillakid
    Besides, I have this irrational fear that if I don't get things immediately, then I might never have the chance, save for paying some outrageous price to a scalper later on. Any interest due is worth the savings in angst that I might feel.
    I hear that, I have a tendency to buy stuff at retail when it first comes out, because I don't know if I'll ever see it again, except on eBay.

At the moment, I am only partially employed, and I just went down a filed for unemployment. My CC are just about maxed out, and I am waiting to find out if my son will be returning for school next year or staying with his mother in Florida. In the mean time I continue to search for 25 hours or so of daytime employment. I'm juggling my bills, but I am getting them paid on time, just not as early as I used to.

I just hope the stuff I preordered on EE doesn't come in this next month, at least not until I get a little more room cleared so I don't go over my limit. This also puts a damper on future purchases for now.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

No, I don't have that problem. I consider myself pretty fortunate that I can buy whenever I feel, but since I retired last month I do watch my spending now.

Well. As a struggling writer whose wife is a full-time graduate student, I have to watch every penny. I pretty much limit myself to no more than $25-30 a month for Star Wars. Some months, I spend half that, or less, simply because if I can't find something I really want at retail, I don't spend the money.

On the Bridge of my Super Star Destroyer... force-choking incompetent officers!
    I've got a budget of $20.00 per month right now...but hopefully soon that will go back up to $40.00 per month. I'm like Stillakid...in that last summer I bought 2 Tie Bombers and 2 Snowspeeders on credit in the US (after laying them away for 2 months). I really hate paying scalper prices especially on vehicles. So far I've been pretty fortunate to find most of the vehicles at retail or close to retail. Nice to see some of the POTF2 and POTJ figs starting to come down in price ...even at scalper stores. Just another 200 figures...and I'll be caught up. Sigh!
    "The darkside of the force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be...unnatural"

"Join me... and together we can rule the galaxy as father and son"

The only crisis I'm facing is trying to FIND something to #%$%'ing buy!! (Although I did manage to pick up the 3 new Clone Wars deluxes on eBay.)

J

I am diorama/army building like Tycho (so the KBtoys closeout has actually been good to me). Super Battle droids, Red Clone Troopers & R2-D2's for $3 each is not bad at all. (Buy one @ $5.99 and the second is free).

Between selling my house, moving to a apartment and building a new house (all this week) I have had to curtail my spending. Especially due to storage limitations.
    Collect 2 Collect (if you see someone damaging stuff kick them in the shorts!)
    Great Traders Slicker,KIDD,Rebo's_Guitarist,TURBOWARS,OC47150,
    bobafrett,Jay86,Lman316 & Dark Marble!

Moving...... ugh!!

Fire, tornado, or other complete destruction is the only thing gettin' me out of my house! Moving has to be one of the worst things in life - right behind buying a house.

Best of luck to ya.

J