Has the idea been discussed of

Anakin Vs Vader?

Although highly unlikely because it would have alot of continuity flaws that would have to be tweeked but I just like the Idea. Mainly being, we have the infamous Volcano/lava pit fight scene, and it would involve Ben and Anakin(who eneter the battle at odds with each other(basically because Anakin has pretty much turned to the darkside but Ben is still trying to save him)) fighting together against someone(I've always liked the name Darth Aliksir(Arabic for solution or cure)) who's wearing a Vader like suit! With Ben getting seperated from the fight kinda like in TPM allowing Darth Aliksir and Anakin to square off. Ben recovers but once again doesn't reach his friend in time as Aliksir gains the upper hand and Anakin is cast over the edge! Then Ben finishes the fight defeating Darth Aliksir, and thinking Anakin is lost leaves them both for dead!
    Sidious(or someone working for him) then recovers both bodies! Aliksir is found dead, but Anakin is still alive but not for long and with no time to spare the suit is transfrerred from one to the other! The only thing is if this were to happen on screen, I'd want it implied like; both of their pulses are checked and then all you see is Aliksir's Helmet removed and then go on to the next scene! This would allow for everything that comes later, including the big reveleation in 'Empire'!
    Actually the name of Vader could be kept also, so there is no confusion as to the name Vader being used in the OT. So in the OT we see the suit, here the name, and think it's the guy who beat Anakin in the Lava scene. But what actually transpired was that Anakin was given the suit to save his life. He could easily just keep the name Vader for decpeptive reasons, so the rebels and Jedi would think Anakin was still truely dead!
    The only big problem with all of this is what to do with Count Dooku/Lord Tyrannus! You could kill him off early in the fim, but it would be improbbale that Sidious had someone waiting in the wings or would have enough time to train a greenhorn apprentice to match Anakin! So one you could make Vader a bounty hunter that Sidious hires and confronts Ben and Anakin. Or Dooku could be seriously injured early in the movie, and needs the suit(Dooku's tall enough). Then with a new suit comes a new name in Vader, along with the possibility of a revelation that Dooku/Vader did have something to do with Shmi's Immaculate birth! He could be a sort of "Force Father" to Anakin, allowing the name Darth Vader to be meaningful to Dooku! Remember he has yet to be reffered to as DARTH Tyrannus, just Lord Tyrannus so a new name once he gets the suit wouldn't be a stretch. So he could be the one in the Vader-like suit in the lava scene I mentioned above, just substitute Vader for Aliksir if you go back and reread it!!
    Like I said highly unlikely, but I think I worked out most of the kinks just now, but ya have to admit it would be as cool as all hell to see!!!!

It's a cool Idea, but it makes the whole "Anakin/Vader" thing needlessly complicated. Also, it would take away a fight (ben vs. anakin) that fans have been waiting over 20 years to see......

There is no need to save the mystery behind darth vader. Frankly if you don't know that Vader is Luke's father, than you don't really care. Thus, why would GL want to write his story to surprise the few people who don't care and haven't sceen Empire?

Obi Wan knows that Anikin is Vader. I assume he can feel his presense at some point in Episode III when Anikin is in the Vader suit. Just like he dose on the Death Star in ANH. Obi Wan and Anikin will have a fight to the death. Anikin will lose and tumble over a rock or something. He'll be holding on for dear life. Obi-wan will have a chance to save him, but doesn't and then Anikin will slip and fall in to the lava, just like was all expect. Very similar to what happened to the Joker in Batman.

Then well see some sort of droid save Aniken's crupled and deformed body for the lava and be transported to a secret medical base where he becoms one with the suit. Then the Emporor will make him/allow him to face Dooku (who he already has a hatered for). Ankin will beat down Dooku with ease and he'll be faced with the chance to kill him or spare him (just like Luke had the chance to kill or spare Vader in ROTJ). Anikin will kill a defensless Dooku and thus his jouny to the Dark Side will be complete.

Not to sound pompus, but I thought everyone knew that already. It's real easy to figure out and it makes perfect sense to. Both for fans and for continuity.
    If you want to find it you have to shop.

Originally posted by icatch9
    Not to sound pompus, but I thought everyone knew that already. It's real easy to figure out and it makes perfect sense to. Both for fans and for continuity.

Knew what already? That Anakin is Vader? Most do already, they are more concerned about future generations having the ESB surprise ruined. OR, did you mean you though we knew about your whole Anakin/ dooku theory. If so....how could we? The movie has not been made yet.

Originally posted by icatch9
    ..."Your overconfidence is your weakness!"

Listen we all know the generalities but not he details! Everything is up in the air until we see it on screen!!!
    But at this point in time, there are many questions about all the characters and what their motives, purpose or Destinies might be!

The Overlod is right too! The whole point to saving the mystery behind Vader is for those people 50 years from now that are interested but have no idea what Star Wars is/was all about! So they can watch the movies 1-6 in order and be just as suprised by "The Revelation" in Empire as we all were back in that darkened theatre in 1980!!!
    [FONT=ComicSansMS]"What happens in Indy STAYS in Indy!".[/FONT]
    [FONT=ComicSansMS]"The only thing you have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to you".[/FONT]

people 50 years from now that are interested but have no idea what Star Wars is/was all about! So they can watch the movies 1-6 in order and be just as suprised by "The Revelation" in Empire as we all were back in that darkened theatre in 1980!!!
    lucky people!! but im sure we will all have to explain a million times why the first three are so modern and "New Looking" and why the OT is "Old" and has no cg!

man i cant wait for the day when i can watch Sw 1-6 in order and when ROTK comes out and i can watch fellowship, then two towers the THE KING!!!