George Romero+Rob Zombie=?

There's got to be some legitimacy to this news because you don't just slap George Romero's name above the title of a project you're developing and get away with it.

Wandering the Fango con this weekend, your devoted Rotten one spotted this poster (on the right). At first I passed it off as some bull**** poster that someone was selling. Then I noticed the MIFED 2003 tag at the bottom. So I approached this dude, whose name cannot be found anywhere on the IMDB, to get the skinny on what the poster was about - since it was at his table. It seems this guy, named Jim Dubbleson (or Duddleson), has George Romero attached to produce "Sharing Joy & Sorrow" a horror anthology that merges and mixes its stories up like "Pulp Fiction" and "Go" did. Jim told us Rob Zombie has the script and is eyeing to direct an installment. We'll keep an eye out for more news on this.

We were also informed that a "Day of the Dead" television series is being shopped around to various production companies as well as a "Creepshow" animated series of sorts. The latter was merely alluded to. We couldn't get any more info out of the guy on that. But a "Day of the Dead" series? Huh? As we like to say about rumors and news like this, take it with a grain of salt. Just remember, at one time an "Escape from New York" television series was announced with Howard Chaykin involved. Did that ever see the light of day? Nope.
    I attached the poster the guy is talking about in the article. Um, wow, where to begin with my thoughts on this. I think George Romero is a god when it comes to writing horror for the big screen. He's never let me down in the past, and since Dead Reckoning isn't happening at the moment, I suppose I'll have to latch onto this rumor. What's this about Rob Zombie looking to direct an part for this movie? Bring it on, I loved how he did House of 1000 Corpses. One of my all time favorite writer/directors with Rob Zombie, I love if it did happen.

As for the Dead series, those rumors have been flying around forever. I can see how that would go down. People would be wanting to see zombies eat brains or whatever. Yeah, that's not a Romero thing. You want brain munching and no real plot, go watch Fulci's Zombie.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	joyandsorrow.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	64.1 KB 
ID:	5991  
    Back and more bearded than ever before

Psh, c'mon James, you know that Romero sucks!! I mean, this "Dawn of the Dead" remake is TOTALLY going to be better than any of his Living Dead Films, ESPECIALLY the original "Dawn" hehehehehehehehehe

(For those who don't know, i am a Romero nut, so this i'm kidding here )

I think this could be very very interesting indeed. Getting Zombie and Romero together is like linking the past of Horror films with a new face in the genre, and the fact that House of 1000 Corpses was extremely distrubing, possibly toss in some of the usual brilliant Romero commentary, this could be something very special indeed.

As for a "Day" series, i remember hearing about this too, and frankly, still hearing about it makes me crack a slight grin. Though, i can't see who would pick this up on basic cable channels due to its possible content, maybe HBO or something. Then again, it's not even made yet, so we'll discuss that when and if it's actually done.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

I know, it's got potential if it is all indeed true. Now if they could get Tony Todd to star in this, ha ha, I'd be living in a dream world.

I won't hold my breath on that Dead series, though. You got the right idea, Guyute. I'd love it to be free to show things, which can only really be done on channels like HBO, Showtime, etc. I also like that idea of an animated Creepshow idea, it was based on a comic to begin with. I'm loving these rumors, too bad that's all they are right now.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

Tony Todd is one of my all-time favorite b-list actors.

Day of the Dead series ?
    That would be interesting . . . maybe if "28 Days Later" hits at the box office we'll be good to go for a few more zombie projects?