Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    How did you come across those mylar posters jrosen? Did you hunt them all down individually? Did you pay top dollar for them? (if you don't mind my asking) and which is your favorite?

Just curious, you have so many nice ones.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

I got most of my posters on Ebay. Or through some movie poster dealers. I don't like to buy from Star Wars only collectors on Ebay. I have noticed more fake posters being sold by these collectors. I think it's because they bought it and researched it and found out that they were bootlegs.

The best time to buy Star Wars posters are right now. Hype is at a minimum and one-time collectors, the people that get a giddy and buy everything Star Wars, are at a low. My favorite mylar is the Gold ESB 10th Anniversary. It's the one with Vader's head. I'll see if I can attach a photo in a minute. The ESB 10th Anniversary Mylar's don't show up that often and the prices are usually between 150-200, depending on when it's auctioned and how it's presented. I have the 10th Anniversary Star Wars silver mylar framed and hanging on my wall. It's probably my least favorite, but I bought it first. I got it awhile ago for about 125, but there are a glutten of them on Ebay right now with no buyers. I have seem them for a $50 opening bid and a $70 buy-it-now. That's a really good price.

On the other posters, the foreign ones don't come up very often. I search foreign movie poster shops on-line. I know of some really nice ones in Germany and Poland. They can get really cool unique posters. It's kinda funny, how foreign posters come to market. Sometimes you won't see one for years, and then 2 or 3 will pop up at the same time. Like the Russian poster, I was looking for one for the last 7 years, and I couldn't find any dealers with connections to Russia. Then about a month ago 4 popped up on Ebay. The first one went really high, about 300. But the other ones stayed about $100 lower. It sometimes pays to wait, but with a rare poster, it's tough. If I was home when the auction closed, I probably would have bid it up higher since I never saw one for sale before.

Also, DON'T buy a poster for Episode 3 immediately when they become available. They'll go from anywhere between 100 and 200 dollars. If you can wait a year, they'll drop like a rock. Currently Episode 1 DS teasers and Episode 2 DS teasers are selling for roughly $25. When they first came out, I was stupid and bought an Episode 1 teaser for around $200. So many people wanted them, that $200 was a reasonable price. But many of them were in it for the money thinking that the posters were going to increase in value and now everybody that collects them has one and everyone that was it in for the money is trying desperately to get something for it.

If you want any suggestions or information on Ebayer's I don't trust, let me know. Otherwise, it's a fun hobby, but it can get very expensive. Also remember, a poster can be restored and linen-backed for $75 or less. This can make a poster that was in poor condition almost mint. Collectors do not look down on restoration like they would on an action figure. It's because poster's are not printed on archival or acid free paper and restoration is the only way to save and protect them. For this cost, you can find a poor quality poster and make it perfect and save lots of money.

Good Luck.

Originally posted by jrosen
    My favorite mylar is the Gold ESB 10th Anniversary. It's the one with Vader's head.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	esb-10-mylar gold.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	22.4 KB 
ID:	6012  

My favorite of any poster I own is a three way tie between the Star Wars Italian, Star Wars Russian, and Star Wars Polish Vader.

Name:	star wars italy.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	24.2 KB 
ID:	6013  

Originally posted by jrosen
    My favorite of any poster I own is a three way tie between the Star Wars Italian, Star Wars Russian, and Star Wars Polish Vader.

Name:	star wars russian.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	32.1 KB 
ID:	6014  

Here is the ROTJ Polish Vader.

Name:	roj-poland-vader.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	30.4 KB 
ID:	6015  

That Russian Star Wars poster doen't look very Star Wars at all. I really like the Polish ROTJ Vader poster.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Originally posted by Jayspawn
    That Russian Star Wars poster doen't look very Star Wars at all. I really like the Polish ROTJ Vader poster.
    I know. That's why I like it. Some of the foreign posters were given creative license over the image. So they can be very different from the other movie posters. Check out the Polish Empire. Other then the actors names, you can't tell that it's for ESB.

Name:	empire - polish.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	25.4 KB 
ID:	6021  

Those are absolutely bizarre. Thanks for sharing, I never knew the differences out there.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.