Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I wasn't too hot on this either, EP. I'd like to be able to push the magic button, but Im gonna ride this out. Let's hope it's dealt with this month so we can get back to the mystery type stuff. I never did care for the Absorbing Man. Puppet Master - now there's a villain!
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    Does the Vault exist anymore? Every time we see one of the Hulk's old foes, he's in a different hi-tech confinement bunker in a different underground base. First Abomination, now Absorbing Man. That has to get expensive building all these bunkers for all these different villains.

Once again, I was unimpressed with Fernandez's artwork. They better get somebody else after this arc or I'm outta here.
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

Just read 56 last night, and the story was a little more interesting this issue. I think it'll finish all right, but I too need a new artist pretty soon. Deodato really wasn't a fair act to follow for anyone - those issues were incredible - but Romita Jr. was good on the first few issues Bruce Jones did, and there are many other artists out there who I'd prefer to Fernandez. No offence, it's just not my favourite. I think the colouring has changed a little too - it worked better before. I found out that I'm missing issue 45 from that last long run leading up to the Abomination Confrontation in 54, so Im on the lookout for that book right now, as well as 13, 15 and 25 from this volume. Probably going to have to resort to ebay as soon as I can find one seller moving all of these issues.

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    I'm thinking that Crusher Creel will permanently embody Dr. David Zahn's body after his body is destroyed in a battle royale with the Hulk. Zhan vaguely resembles the Absorbing Man from the film ( you know...a beard.) and his name is David ( like the guy in the film.) so I think this is some sort of attempt to squeeze the movie into regular continuity ( Sort of like the God Loves, Man Kills storyline over in X-Men where Reverand Stryker and Lady Deathstrike are all hanging out and stuff. Or how Bullseye is now sporting a scar on his forehead like Colin Farell over in Daredevil.)

And I don't really care. I'm just praying for this story arc to be over quickly. i'm actually kicking myself for buying the last few issues when I know they'll suck.

At least Deodato's art popped up on the latest issue of Amazing Spidey.
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

I read part 3 of hide in plain site. I like the story, it's picked up a little. The art still has me "meh" at best, but I like the Absorbing Man. I just never realized he was the "Criminal Genius" type until this story line (I'm pretty sure that's because he WASN'T that type until this story line).

I also just got a package in the mail with a few "historical" Hulk issues, the complete John Byrne run from 314 to 319. I'll read 'em up tonight and post a little review. They're supposed to be pretty good, according to the Hulk-focused Wizard issue of a month ago.

Hey, i browsed these posts and i ddin't see anythinga bout my question, so sorry if it has been answered.

Have either of you read, "Hulk:the End?" I've been meaningto get this, but i'm curious, is this the LAST of the last Hulk comics??? I read somewhere that Hulk was kinda killed off and then reborn (i see the annual i think it is with the Hulk on the cover, lifting up his title, grey cover background) but i'm curious to know what the dilly is.

any help would rule. thanks y'all!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

I've never even heard of this JMG, but Im doing a little research as I type.....but there's nothing in Wizard. Is it a Trade Paperback (reprints of older issues?). Maybe give me a link to it and I can let you know more about what's going on in there. As far as I know, there have never been any plans to do away with Green Jeans - anything you've seen or read otherwise would be a "What IF?" type deal, and would be outside regular Marvel continuity from what I can tell.

The latest book I can see in my mind's eye with him hoisting the logo is vol. 2 #34, the first Bruce Jones issue in this latest run. That might be a trade paperback of his first few issues (with John Romita Jr. art - great comics there), and would be worth the read in my opinion. I'm curious though, so give me as much info as you can get.

Hey JMG, I saw "Hulk: The End" at Frank-n-Sons. I was already tapped out so I couldn't get it (plus he wanted $20 for it, seemed pretty steep)

They guy selling it told me it was set after the two issue "future imperfect" deluxe series, and basicaly was the ending story for the hulk.

There's a few on ebay right now: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=32757

Hope this helps bud!

Interesting..... Future Imperfect is about the Hulk facing off with himself in the future - an evil old Hulk called "the Maestro". It was written by Peter David, and is still kind of a "What If" deal, I wouldn't include it in main continuity yet. That being said, Im sure it's worth a read......

NEWS: On the Hulk front, famed penciller extraordinaire Mike Deodato Jr. will be taking over at #60 for a 5 issue run delving more into "the conspiracy"...... what more could we ask for??????

Hey JJ, future imperfect was a really cool story. Great artwork too, I would reccomend it if you haven't read it. It's not your typical Hulk story, that's for sure!