Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Yo yo!! I finished the TPB of "Hulk: Return of the Monster" and was very impressed. I was about to post and be like, "Alright, what in the hell is going on here?!?!" but everything came out in the end and made sense!!! I hope to pick up the next TPB and some issues this week along w/ Ultimate spidey 44 if my damned shop ever gets more in. Thanks for the recommendations guys!! None of you owe me $$ for crappy suggestions........................yet hehehehehehehe

Keep reading man, you HAVE to read #54 - my vote as the greatest comic of this young century so far. No rush, but I expect MAD props when you read it and have no choice but to crap your ripped up purple pants!
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

Quote Originally Posted by jjreason
    Keep reading man, you HAVE to read #54 - my vote as the greatest comic of this young century so far. No rush, but I expect MAD props when you read it and have no choice but to crap your ripped up purple pants!
    Would you go so far as to say it tops Batman #617, or did that one just slip your mind?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Well there's the rub, huh. I loved Batman 617, but I still feel like Im "just visiting" Batman or something. For people who've been reading since 83 or whenever the fans whacked Jason Im sure it was a huge book. To me, the Hulk flipping out and mashing Abomination's face, saying "the Doctor is OUT" and then throwing him up to destroy a helicopter was more climactic - I literally was floored by those 3 pages.

So for me (and just for me, Im sure) Hulk wins, though it was pretty damned close. Im pretty much a 100% Marvel Geek, like you can't tell.

JJR- Don't give away plot and climatic parts on your posts!!! Guldarnit!!

Going to pick up two TPB's tomorrow, "Boiling Point" and "Transfer of Power" which i was told cover issues 40-49.

Got Ult spidey 44 and browsed it, very very good so far. Aunt May has quite the temper!!! Seeing the X-Men was nice too...hehehhehe
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    Y'know, I was gonna go back and pick up all the new Wolverine books and possibly start collecting it, but I just found out Leandro Fernandez is going to be sucking it up after Darick leaves, so now I think maybe I won't.

It's a neck and neck race to see which artist sucks more, Leandro or Humberto Ramos.
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

"I suppose this is what i'm supposed to say....HULK SMASH!!"

Was in Chicago this past weekend and picked up the 3 TPB filling in 40-54. I also spotted some of the older figures from the official Hulk line including Leader, Rampaging Hulk and Joe Fixit, but held off since i plan to pick up the better ones in the winter. Anyway, all these books truely rocked the casbah. I got hella giddy when he did that Hulk smash comment and i was like "Oh, i get it!" when he did the "The Doctor is OUT!" in 54. thanks for the recommendations, guys!! So, should i skip the 55-59 (I think eternal padawan said it sucked), but i'm not sure and i wanna be sure. If up to 59 sucks, is issue 60 out yet? if so, yeah, what issues are out now in the Hulk comics?

on a side note, i talked to a guy at the comic book shop i hit and he said "Hulk: End" is a truely huge pain in the rear to get. I hit ebay and got a copy for a decent price (less than 20) and should be getting it in the mail here shortly. I'll post a brief review when i read it. Thanks again! :P
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Jeez, looking back at this thread I REALLY shouldn't have posted that. Sorry JMG, hope you still got a kick out of it :sheepish:. I haven't seen 60 yet, but I didn't hate the Absorbing Man run nearly as much as EP, and I kind of got used to the art by the end. Art is borderline meaningless to me anyway - unless it's amazingly good or terrible, and I thought neither this guy (nor Ramos - EP is a tough crowd for sure) was either one of those options. Look at one next time you're in the store and decide for yourself, but I don't think it will be a "necessary" arc like the issues since 34 were. Im betting 60 will be as well, so get ready.

*WARNING: THIS POST WILL CONTAIN A FEW TIDBITS ON THE HULK FEATURE FILM, SO IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN IT YET AND WANNA BE SURPRISED, PLEASE SKIP THIS POST. THANK YOU*

Was in columbus this weekend and picked up issues 55-59, aka: "Hide in Plain Sight" and i must say, i enjoyed the series very much. Granted, the art wasn't as good as the previous issues, but still, it was good to see them taking a slight break from the previous storyline. It was also nifty after seeing Absorbing man in the movie, to see him on the page as well. Yeah, i know that his identity was changed for the movie, but it was still really cool for me to see him doing his thing in the comic. That last scene where he absorbed, became? the graveyard and whatnot was good and how they beat him was also very clever.

Also, got my copy of "Hulk: end" and plan to read it before i go to bed in a bit, so expect a review whenever i roll my lazy can out of bed tomorrow/today. Cheers!

P.S.- no worries JJR, the issue was still stellar.

K, i am finished w/ "Hulk: End" and i must say, if you are a fan of the Hulk, get off your keister and pick up this book using ANY means necessary. Well, use your best judgement, but this book is downright magical. It is by far a superb use of creating the struggle between the conscious of Banner and the Hulk. I won't post any huge plot details, but the title says a good deal about it, but it's really kinda sad to see Banner and the Hulk in a world that is just eaten itself alive. GREAT read. That's it, i have spoken!! Now, get get this book!! hehehehehhe