View Poll Results: Would you buy this Playskool Set - Part 2?

Voters
413. You may not vote on this poll
  • I would buy this item if they made it.

355 85.96%
  • I would not buy this item if they made it.

4 0.97%
  • I don't collect the line.

54 13.08%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Yes I would buy this set. Bobafett, Han Carbonite, Lando, Leia, and how about a Chewie with C-3PO strapped to his back??

Re: Yes!

Originally posted by MaltbyRob
    That's the one, I'd love to see this! Although I do think that It's asking a lot to expect six figures with a playskool set. Still, I would buy it in a minute.
    I agree, I don't think they could pull 6 figures out of this set unless Slave 1 were larger and deluxe (which, btw, I'd LOVE). But the vehicle and the figures look really cool and I'd definitely buy this set. Heck, there could be magnets in the Han carbo block and magnets in the loading ramp on Slave 1 and it could float into place... ok, now I'm just dreaming.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Heck yeah, I'd buy it in a second!

The "Save Solo" set would have to be a Deluxe set, like the Falcon. But the Slave 1 would be smaller, with less play value than the Falcon, so I don't think the six figures would be out of the question. There's only one figure there that I'm not sure about, and that's the Lobot. I'd love to see it, but maybe an Ugnaut would be better in this set. Not sure. The other five are a must, though. Come on, Hasbro! You have to see that this line must continue!
    You think we could use a Jedi mind trick on them? "You want to continue the Playskool Star Wars line indefinitely!"

These figures are, for the most part, inarticulated PVC plastic, the least expesive materials they could possibly have chosen, but they're still the coolest versions of these characters I can think of. The only real expense was for the vehicles. You can't tell me Hasbro didn't make money on this line, and we all know they could continue to make money on this line.

By the way, one of my favorite things about the first series is that it didn't repeat ANY figures. Each set also represented a different movie in the series. I think a new series should continue that (with the possible exception of the Stormtrooper). No offense to you troop builders, but I hate having to buy a figure I already have to get another one that I don't. For instance, how many frickin Lukes do we need? No repeats of characters should be made unless they are significantly different from the ones already released. Unlike many collectors, I don't buy extras, only the one that I want for my own collection.
    Last edited by shortcat; 05-30-2003 at 12:07 PM.

Suppressing the urge...

I have, til now, suppressed the urge, but if this set comes out it will force me to get the whole line.

I would definitely buy the Save Solo set.

Then to my fiancee's chagrin, I'd buy the rest of the line as well.
    Move along, move along

any playskool set i'd be up for. since the sets have typically contained only 3 or 4 figs think asking for 6 is too much. boba, han (carbonite), lando are musts for the set. could throw in a leia bespin, but since most kids won't know who lobot is, or even care he's out. i'd like another stormtrooper, but precedent has been not to repack a fig.

Hey, I don't see a link to the pictures anywhere! I voted yes anyway.

I don't collect the line. But I would definately get this since Im a mark for Boba Fett.

Where is this picture? Is is just me? What the dillio?

click on the link titled save solo, in the first post to see the pic.

It's attached to the first post in this thread:

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums...&postid=254554
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.