Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Jackson or Fishburne

I think that Lawerence Fishburne would have made an excellent Mace Windu, I think so even more so than Sam Jackson. Sam is a little too happy go lucky for my tastes as a Jedi. I see too many of his past movie charachters coming out in this role. I like the Jedi to be more stolid as was Qui Gonn. But then again Sam's personality for Mace might be relevent to EPS 3??????
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Hmm..........you'd have to change the character name to "Morpheus Windu", as that is essentially what you would get.

I'm fine with Sam in the role........who knows, perhaps he'll get some kick butt scenes in ep 3....

Three things about movies you can take for granted:

1) Hugh Jackman is Wolverine
    2) Alan Cumming is Nightcrawler
    3) Samuel L Jackson is Mace Windu.

Case closed! :happy:
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Tough one, I always thought fishburne would have made a good jedi, but now I can't see anyone else as Mace after having Samuel L Jackson.

I have to say, and I don't know if anything in EU backs it up, but I always imagined Qui-Gon and Windu never really got along, not sure why, but I always got the impression of a clash of character. Qui Gon remains one of my favourite prequel charactors too, for what its worth.
    http://homepage.mac.com/stupidfish

i like sam as windu but fishburne would be dope also!! i dunno.. if fishburne was windu then IMO Morpheous would be windu!! there characters would be to similar and the way fishburne would play windu is almost the same as morph

Originally posted by Brainiak76
    if fishburne was windu then IMO Morpheous would be windu!! there characters would be to similar and the way fishburne would play windu is almost the same as morph
    Yea you are right about that.

I think Fishburne is more of a cinema actor and Jackson is more of a theatre actor. Jackson is just too "gangsta" for being a Jedi.
    He supresses it quite well in the movies but a degree of it still leaks through. Fishburne is softspoken and strong. That type of energy only really translates onto film. He is excellent in Boyz In Tha Hood and Higher Learning.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by El Chuxter
    Three things about movies you can take for granted:

1) Hugh Jackman is Wolverine
    2) Alan Cumming is Nightcrawler
    3) Samuel L Jackson is Mace Windu.

Case closed! :happy:
    Agreed as amended:

Keanau Reeves IS Neo
    Harrison Ford IS Han, er Indiana, er Han OK FINE BOTH!

Originally posted by scruffziller
    He is excellent in Boyz In Tha Hood and Higher Learning.
    Don't forget "A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors"

Chux, I'll agree with all 3 of those 'truths' up there !

I've always felt one of Fishbunre's best roles was King of NY. LOVE that flick. Makes me think he might be a better Sith than a Jedi though...

Frankly, I didn't think much of Jackson as Windu. Not sure with whom I would have replaced him, though. Not Fishburne, though.
    Dar Basra