Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Low Flow Shower Issues

Tell me I'm not the only one suffering through this problem. 2 days ago the apartment maintenance installed a new shower head for some reason. The old one was fine albeit a bit crusty from the hard water. We'll I jumped in the shower yesterday to discover to my shock that I now have a low-flow show head.

A moment of silence for my departed friend.....

Does anyone else have these? How do you take a shower? I feel like I'm standing under a leaky faucet. My old shower head would pummel you with a nice stream of water that would quickly remove any soap or dirt. My new shower head makes a quick shower a thing of the past as I have to plead with the water to remove any soap.

I've delayed it as long as I can today, I must subject myself to another low-flow shower.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

I hate low flow shower heads. I need high water pressure. My wife has really long thick hair so one of those are out of the question. I suggest that maybe head to Wally World and pick up your own shower head and install that bad boy. My condolences on your departed shower head.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

the seinfeld episode on the low-flow shower heads was hilarious.
    i feel for ya, nothing makes a shower more disappointing than not having adequate water pressure.

Thanks for your simpathies.

I guess you answered a question I forgot to ask, do they still make full flow shower heads? Since they do, I will be replacing this sucker as soon as I can. My first thought was that low-flow shower heads were like their toilet counterparts and the full-flow versions weren't made any more. It's a relief to know that I was mistaken.

Darth Jax is quite right - if only Kramer and Newman lived nearby.

But when you use low flow, you're helping to save the environment by conserving water.

Peeshaw............. Give me my Fire Hydrant Strength shower head NOW!!
    Shop at the SOFA-KING Big Sofa Store

Where the sofas are SOFA-KING big!

High-Flow shower heads are the only way to go!Having thick hair,it really helps get the water down into the scalp.I've used a low-flow head..really cruddy.
    Treat your stepmother with respect Pantera, or you'll be sleeping in the streets!!

The shower i use here at OU is ridiculous when it comes to water pressure. Granted, at times i get burned, but i have a high tolerance for pain, even if its scolding water to my head that makes me say a curse word or seven and pound my fist on the wall. The one at home is like somebody is spitting on my head, so crappy. I'll miss the showers here, they could knock a midget over with their pressure.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

I swear I'm using more water with a low flow than I would with the high-flow shower. You're all correct about the hair thing. I don't have particularly long hair but even so it seems to take for ever to get all the shampoo out. I'm in their twice as long to do the same job.

This also carries over to those damn low-flow toilets. You're not saving water with those either as you have to flush twice or more. When I move out of this apartment someday I'm stealing the high-flow toilet. It's a great machine.

Yeah, I do sympathize for ya, but just a little bit. About a year and a half ago, a new shower head was installed in our bathroom; one that allowed you to change the different settings of the water flow--from high-powered fireman's hose to just a soft trickle. I started off on the high-powered setting but found out that it just felt too harsh on my skin. I then switched over to the gentle setting and now taking a shower is like nirvana. My skin also has improved a bit (I suffer from excezma) for some inexplicable reason so I am very happy now.

Also low flush toilets do save water, especially when you tap a kidney, which if you are like me, several times a day (although you do have to flush a lot more when you are egesting).
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.