Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why Jar-Jar

Why Jar-Jar

If the Jedi needed Jar-Jar to help them guide their way through the planet core, why did Qui-Gon instruct Obi-Wan to use the Force to guide their way? They could've just gotten rid of Jar-Jar right then and there.
    Ah, good...here comes the Air Force with those new round planes.

If things had gotten really tough going through Naboo's planet core, Qui-Gon was planning to use Jar Jar as bait !
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Another good reason they took Jar Jar with them was to save him from being punished.

By saving Jar Jar from Boss Nass, didn't that punish the rest of us by having him in the movie?

Where's the logic in that G.Lu.?
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

Originally posted by Mandalorian Candidat
    By saving Jar Jar from Boss Nass, didn't that punish the rest of us by having him in the movie?
    Yep,George is very cruel!
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

If there were no Jar Jar how else would OB1 and Qui-Gon get to the Naboo and rescue the Queen.

Originally posted by master jedi
    If there were no Jar Jar how else would OB1 and Qui-Gon get to the Naboo and rescue the Queen.
    Originally, I think it was going to be via STAPs, which sounds way cooler to me. I can picture their robes fluttering behind them as they use their lightsabers to hack and slash from the STAP at 100 mph.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Originally posted by JediTricks
    Originally, I think it was going to be via STAPs, which sounds way cooler to me. I can picture their robes fluttering behind them as they use their lightsabers to hack and slash from the STAP at 100 mph.
    I remember something about them using STAPS too, Poor Lucas he picked the wrong one to use in EP1
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

I think it was that at somepoint, when the 2 were in Naboo, they were fighting droids and Obi-Wan got on one just to fight or chase after others or something.

I do definately remember reading or hearing something about Obi-Wan on a STAP.
    "Watch this, I'm going to horrify you into a coma..."

Originally posted by JediTricks
    That would be cool to see. But if no Jar Jar then there would be no Gungan diversion army and the Trade Federation would probably have complete control of Naboo.