View Poll Results: Are you satisfied with the Official Fan Club?

Voters
366. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I get good value out of it, like the Star Wars Insider.

13 3.55%
  • It's OK, but the options for collectors to purchase exclusive SW items is awful.

157 42.90%
  • No, due to the Fan Club's lack of access to Hasbro product, I'm either quitting,or have quit the Fan Club already!

138 37.70%
  • I was never a member and The Official Fan Club was never important to me.

21 5.74%
  • I wasn't a member, but would join if I could order exclusive toys with confidence.

37 10.11%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Are you satisfied with the Official Fan Club?

The 12" Jedi Council members were supposed to continue to be available for a while, especially since Plo Koon seemed to have a short shipment, and then they were supposed to continue with at least SaeSee Tiin, and rumors indicated Eeth Koth as well.

The 3 3/4" army builder 4-packs were supposed to go on, with Rebel Fleet Troopers and Sandtroopers being available through the Fan Club, following CommTech Stormtroopers and Endor Rebel Soldiers being offered in good quantities.

The trend could've continued with Hoth Rebel Soldiers, Snowtroopers, Death Star Troopers, Bikerscouts, Imperial Officers and so on.

For some people, earlier 2003 figures like Darth Tyranus or Padme Droid Factory are still hard to get - but these very same people trust the Fan Club with orders moreso than many online stores.

Meanwhile, Fan Club members continue to receive the Insider (which you can subscribe to independantly from being a Fan Club Member) but only the club folks receive Bantha Tracks in every other issue.

The Club has a few very narrow categories of merchandise it offers, but most people still don't understand that they should check out the Jawa Trader online at Wizards' website to try and find their toys and collectibles.

However, I might add that if people do understand that, they still don't understand why they can't find [fill in the blank] there.

So what do you think about the value of the Fan Club today?

What recommendations can you make to other Star Wars fans, and the Fan Club's administrators?

Have at it!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Re: Are you satisfied with the Official Fan Club?

Originally posted by Tycho
    The 12" Jedi Council members were supposed to continue to be available for a while, especially since Plo Koon seemed to have a short shipment, and then they were supposed to continue with at least SaeSee Tiin, and rumors indicated Eeth Koth as well.
    Are they still doing this? I thought they refused to carry Plo Koon entirely which gave me the impression that the FC wasn't going to finish the Jedi exclusives.

That's right. I got my Plo Koon from NewForceComics. I forgot.

And now I wish I'd ordered 2 of him like I had done with Ki-Adi Mundi.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I only ordered 1 Plo also, and wish i had gotten 2.

I said that I was, overall, happy w/ the FC. The man thing I'm a member for is the Insider, and occasionally to order an exclusive. I was able to get TF Vader thru the FC, the IMAX poster. I don't care too much about anything that's not an exclusive, like the Hasbro fig's, or the WOTC RPG. I generally find that they are overpriced there.

Someone else commented in another thread that you shouldn't really have "Teen Beat" expectations.
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

I think this horse has already been beaten a week or two ago in the forums.

J

I just renewed my membership, basically because I dig the Insider. I also have alot of wishful thinking in hoping they do actually start releasing more troop builders. I also got a couple TF Vaders and got a bunch of stormtroopers from the FC, but I'm pretty much just in it for the mag.

I plan on renewing my membership especially since my e-mail to the fan club was addressed and I was sent my long overdue membership kit. I'm hoping that eventually the fan club will be able to offer some more items like the old fan club did. I also enjoy the Bantha Tracks section which focus's on the fans of Star Wars and Star Wars related events.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

I let my membership lapse a while back, but not mainly due to the ability to get Hasbro or any other merchandising. I became increasingly disappointed with the content of the Insider and the lack of any other "fan club" offerings - beyond a fairly dull magazine surrounding the now-pathetic Jawa Trader catalog. Being a member of the "official fan club" was no more rewarding than subscribing to USA Today. Then there was the idea that Hasbro was trying to corner the Star Wars market by buying up WOTC and the Fan Club, and now letting former top execs from WOTC manage the Fan Club through their new company called Paizo (which can't even get their relationship with Hasbro working - that's outright confusing).

Beyond my feeling that I feel that the whole idea of the "official Star Wars fan club" has lapsed into mediocrity, yes the merchandising end has been handled very badly since the Hasbro buy-out a few years ago and even worse with Paizo taking over management of the FC. I don't foresee myself resubscribing to the FC or Insider now, especially with this SW.com subscription thing which bugs the heck out of me - it's like having to join 2 fan clubs now. I dunno, it feels like joining these "official Star Wars fan clubs" is hollow and unrewarding these days.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I actually just renewed my membership today, but only for the magazine, and the off chance that I may get something out of it with the conventions this summer. I don't do it for the Bantha Tracks section, which I find repetitive and boring.

However, I had to call (a 1-706 number, not toll free??? give me a break!) to find out if my subscription had lapsed since I had not yet received the newest mag, and also received no renewal notice in the mail. I guess they are not even worried if they keep members now.

Did they ever have the Endor Troop Builder set? I never saw them online, and every time I called they said they didn't have them.

FC benefits are terrible, and I am not impressed at all by Paizo.
    Skeeziks22

I have never joined the fan club. I don't really know if it is worth it. If you could get exclusives alot easier I would, but somepeople say it is hassle. I will wait and see........
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten