View Poll Results: How much would you pay for exclusive Episode III content on StarWars.com?

Voters
455. You may not vote on this poll
  • $0.00 - It should all be free!

395 86.81%
  • $1.00 per month

24 5.27%
  • $2 -3.00 per month

22 4.84%
  • Over $5.00 per month

7 1.54%
  • Over $5.00 per month as long as I got an e-mail account or forums over there

7 1.54%

Threaded View

How much would you pay for exclusive Episode III content on StarWars.com?

The Official Site, www.starwars.com is going to set up a "Hyperspace channel," where viewers can get exclusive Episode III content.

But are you ready for this? They're going to charge you for looking at it!

Will this be of tremendous value and enjoyment to the fans, or will this be a chance to pay a swindler like Watto for the chance to download windows media movies of Rick McCallum saying "he knows something but he can't tell you?"

Subcribers are also promised no pop-up ads. Meanwhile, regular advertising is running daily on the standard site's pages.

Perhaps their hosting charges and the quantity of images, movies, and data they are storing is large, but so is SirStevesGuide.com's. But here the staff doesn't charge you to view news content!

Star Wars is a phenomenon with the fans, and that manifests itself in financial opportunities for Lucasfilm by way of first selling millions of dollars in movie tickets, and then making residuals in everything from Hasbro's toys to Master Replica's realistic movie prop reproductions.

StarWars.com is one large, fascinating and alluring COMMERCIAL for their product empire. Will something on it now be worth paying for?

The last time I was thirsty, I did not put a quarter in my television set so I could watch a commerical about Coca-Cola before I decided to go out and buy one.

How do you guys think "the taxation of Hyperspace Routes to outlying websites" will effect the galactic website?
    Last edited by Tycho; 06-03-2003 at 12:26 AM.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.