Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    No nod to the #1 B movie actor Bruce Campbell, either. Shame! What a Shame!
    Shop Smart! Shop S-Mart!

i'm cool with lecter being #1, but vader shoulda been #2. i'd have ranked regan, bruce (the shark), and freddy much higher.

thought it was great that han made the top 50, but no mention of the whiny farmboy who gets all the credit. hadn't thought about ol atticus but definitely felt bogart and bond deserved there high ranking spots.

Remember, we're talking about mainstream audiences voting for heroes and villans, not die-hard fans like us. Yes, I, too, am disappointed Luke wasn't in the top 50, especially since he was in the opening credits.

I was totally bewildered by last night's show. Marge from flippin' Fargo and Erin Brockovich ranked higher than OB1?! Some wacky voting there!

All Margie did was grill William H. Macy about some friggin' car and shoot that guy who chopped up Steve Buscemi in the leg. At least Obi-Wan was good enough to merit his appearance in six movies.

Luke should have been in the top 50. Especially after he was shown ad nauseum in the ads.

One other big peeve of mine is HAL-9000 being labeled a villain. Not so much that he was listed as a villain on the show but more that all the star commentators who talked about him said he was pure evil. If they had watched the movie and the sequel they'd know what they were saying was totally wrong. To me it seemed that none of those talking heads except for maybe Robert Englund had really ever seen any of those movies they were talking about and really knew what their messages were.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

AFI's lists have always been a joke.

=MATT=
    * General Disclaimer- I can't spell or type- Deal with it.

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    Seriously, how the patootie did Karen Silkwood make the list and Ash, Jack Ryan, and LUKE SKYWALKER get missed?

And where was Ernst Stavro Blofeld? Petting that darn white cat and calmly ordering his own minions executed for their failures, as well as trying to nail 007 for like a dozen movies doesn't rate?
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

In response to Sidiously Darth's comment, the AFI probably never heard of Bruce Campbell.

Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
    Seriously, how the patootie did Karen Silkwood make the list and Ash, Jack Ryan, and LUKE SKYWALKER get missed?
    My guess is that they wanted to acknowledge Meryl Streep in some way so they picked that character. I never saw Silkwood and rarely ever hear of it. I supposed you can just chalk that one up to industry insiders.

When you mean Ash, are you talking about the android from Alien or Army of Darkness?
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

Clarice was way too high on that list, and "Martians" as a villain was the biggest cop out I've ever seen.

How could they show clips of AOTC for Obi-Wan and Vader (not to mention TPM for Obi-Wan) and not include any ESB or ROTJ clips for Han? No line embodies Han better than "I know."

Oh, and Hannibal Lector shouldn't be #1. Scary as anything, but he's too one-dimensional IMHO.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Yea, I was floored by this list too. I liked the show, but the top choices were pretty lame.

I mean who the hell thinks of a lawyer when they think of the greatest movie hero of all time. I don't care how noble or righ he was. He's a lawyer. Forgive me for being a fan of Star Wars, but as a movie fan too Luke Skywalker deserved to be on that list as much as any of them. Saying that there are 50 greater heros than Luke Skywalker is horrible. Fanboy or not it just doesn't make any sense to me.

Boo for the commity who votes on this list. A very big Boooo!
    If you want to find it you have to shop.