Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Exclamation Why Hayden and NOT Leo...? Because he looks like...

For those of you who may have missed this in the "Padme and her HUGE wardrobe" thread...

thanks to Co-Jo for the first pat on the back in the other thread!

Leo isn't a potato faced actor. I have a better idea of what he looks like. See for yourself and you will understand why (follow the link in the next post!)...
    Last edited by JEDIpartner; 11-19-2001 at 02:24 PM.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Exclamation Oops! ...here's the way!!!

Last edited by JEDIpartner; 11-19-2001 at 11:10 AM.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

I think Leo would have been good but Hayden will be GREAT. I've seen him in other shows and recently in 'Life as a House', he's really a great up and coming actor. Hayden also won the screne test final against other really talented actors like Ryan Phillippe (who would have been great too as Anakin). Besides Leo is suppost to be a big time actor and GL like using unknowns for his films...
    The Force is strong with this one.

Of course, that's my opinion I could be wrong.

I am fairly certain that had Leo not shot to superstardom after Titanic, G. Lu would've cast him as Anakin. He has that dark quality in his eyes, and Lucas probably had his eye on him while he was writing the treatments back in 1997. I'm glad they went with a relative unknown to play Anakin. Even Ryan Phillipe is to well known, although he would have made a good Anakin also. I'll stick with Hayden...

i read a while back that lucas wanted dicapprio, but leonardo wanted script approval, something lucas would not give.

actually, based on the episode 1 anakin, i think ricky schroder would of made a good anakin. he and jake lloyd look very similar, and entertainment tonight stated on their broadcast he was considered for the role(but was probably considered too old by lucas)
    Last edited by derek; 11-19-2001 at 05:40 PM.

G. Lu. basically wanted an unnown actor for Anakin. (Like he's done with peoples roles in his other movies.) I think Hayden looks a heck of a lot more like Jake Lloyd than Leo in my mind.

Leo stated that he would love to play Anakin and would even take a massive pay cut just to be a part of Star Wars; but he felt that the fans would have a hard time accepting him as the future Darth Vader.

Speaking of GL's tendency to choose unknowns, did anyone know that Michael Jackson was campaigning hard to play Jar Jar in Ep1? GL knew that MJ was WAAAAAYY too big of a star for Star Wars and went with Ahmed Best. Imagine what that would have been like.....
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Going back to Ryan Phillippe, he did really well in his screen test and GL was considering to offer Ryan the role of Bail Organa. I read an early spy report about a love triangle between Anakin, Pademe' and BAIL ORGANA(which would have been really cool and make alot of sense) but his part was rewritten for Jimmy Smits to play Bail (whom will play a big role Episode III).
    Last edited by Co Jo-Da; 11-20-2001 at 12:14 AM.
    The Force is strong with this one.

Of course, that's my opinion I could be wrong.

Originally posted by bigbarada
    Speaking of GL's tendency to choose unknowns, did anyone know that Michael Jackson was campaigning hard to play Jar Jar in Ep1? GL knew that MJ was WAAAAAYY too big of a star for Star Wars and went with Ahmed Best. Imagine what that would have been like.....
    Yes, I did. I was rereading the "Jar Jar Superstar" Rolling Stone from 1999 recently and Ahmed talks about being introduced to Michael Jackson by GL.

I think that when Jake is about 18 or 19 he will look just like Hayden, G.L was spot on!
    "Giggety giggety!"

Jek Porky 2008